It seems, from an interview on GPone (I hope it is ok to post and link to another site?) that Rossi believes Yamaha would let him test but that the shoulder dictates at this point.
Here is the quotes from the interview:
Link (translated by Google)
If you make it the rest of the season, would you have it done after the Valencia test?
"If I do complete the season, and Yamaha gives me permission, I will wait the two or three days extra for the test. But even if I don't test, it won't be the end of the world." "If I do complete the season, and Yamaha Gives me permission, I will wait the two or three extra days for the test. But even if I do not test, it will not be the end of the world."
Do you think Yamaha will let you? Do you think Yamaha will let you?
"Yes, I think Yamaha will let me test." "Yes, I think Yamaha will let me test."
I'm not sure I have an opinon as to whether Rossi should stay or have surgery now. I go back and forth. On one hand is pain but by his own admission it is not making his shoulder worse but the pain is getting worse - and making his job much harder than it should be. On the other is his pride to finish the season, honour his contract and his last year on a Yamaha which must be emotional for him. My guess, the pain wins and he has surgery but I wouldn't fault him for either decision.