Skip to content

Discuss This Motegi MotoGP: Valentino Rossi aims to finish season MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Motegi MotoGP: Valentino Rossi aims to finish season

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Motegi MotoGP: Valentino Rossi aims to finish season

Valentino Rossi has insisted he will do his utmost to finish his final season with Yamaha, despite the on-going pain and discomfort caused by his badly damaged right shoulder. After struggling to a distant sixth place at the Motorland Aragon track two weeks ago, the 31-year-old expressed doubts that he would be able to finish the 2010 campaign. He said he would...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (30 September 2010 15:09)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DannyP88

May 09

DannyP88 says:

WHY!!!

I really cant see what he is gaining from finishing the season...

I know it is his pride but surely if he was to have another fall on his damaged shoulder this could hamper his testing for next year or even result in him not being fully fit for the start of the new season.

He has nothing to prove to anyone, if i were him id put leathers in the loft till January!

Reply to this Topic
Pagik

Sep 10

Pagik says:

It's a part of who Vale is imo. He wants to do the honourable thing. He's also said he'll do all he can to help Jorge out with the winning of the title. Which, admittedly he's not been able to do alot, but this injury is really hampering him. I see your point Danny, and agree with it mostly. But after5 seasons with Yamaha, I think there is alot of good will towards them from Vale's side.

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Fair Trade?

Perhaps he made an agreement with Yamaha regarding being allowed to test for Ducati after the last race if he finishes the remaining races.  If not and I were needing surgery, I would likely bow out and get the surgery to be 100% ready for my first Ducati test as I'd be behind in testing.

Reply to this Topic
Pagik

Sep 10

Pagik says:

Apparently Masao Furusawa has taken it rather personally that Rossi is going to Ducati, and Yamaha are simply refusing point blank to let Vale ride the Ducati before his contract expires, wether he helps them out or not..

Reply to this Topic
TeamPunkass

Jan 10

TeamPunkass says:

I don't see anything about Yamaha not releasing Rossi to test the Duc after Valencia

While Rossi has nothing to gain by racing the remaining races, Yamaha would lose out.

If Rossi bailed today and had surgery, Yamaha would be stuck paying him for the remainder of the season, and it would benefit Ducati more than anyone by having Rossi at close to 100% during testing. I could see the release of Rossi to Ducati after valencia stipulating he races the remainder of the season.

Reply to this Topic
Janiam

Aug 10

Janiam says:

Actually...

It seems, from an interview on GPone (I hope it is ok to post and link to another site?) that Rossi believes Yamaha would let him test but that the shoulder dictates at this point.

Here is the quotes from the interview:
Link (translated by Google)

If you make it the rest of the season, would you have it done after the Valencia test?

"If I do complete the season, and Yamaha gives me permission, I will wait the two or three days extra for the test. But even if I don't test, it won't be the end of the world." "If I do complete the season, and Yamaha Gives me permission, I will wait the two or three extra days for the test. But even if I do not test, it will not be the end of the world."

Do you think Yamaha will let you? Do you think Yamaha will let you?

"Yes, I think Yamaha will let me test." "Yes, I think Yamaha will let me test."

I'm not sure I have an opinon as to whether Rossi should stay or have surgery now. I go back and forth. On one hand is pain but by his own admission it is not making his shoulder worse but the pain is getting worse - and making his job much harder than it should be. On the other is his pride to finish the season, honour his contract and his last year on a Yamaha which must be emotional for him. My guess, the pain wins and he has surgery but I wouldn't fault him for either decision.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

wants to do the honourable thing

like sharing data?

Reply to this Topic
Rumple

Sep 09

Rumple says:

weskit

If Rossi doesn't want to share data, he won't. If Rossi doesn't get testing permission from yamaha, he will go sick. It's not about honour, but winning. It's not yamaha or honda or aprillia that have won 9 world championships but Rossi and where ever he has gone, the company around him has begun to believe it is they that have done it. It's at this point that he leaves to show that without him (and Burgess etc) they may be good but they are not great. Irrespective of what Rossi does or doesn't do in the future, watch yamaha slowly drop back into mediocrity over the next couple of years, unless they sign the next Sheen/Rossi/Rainey (which Lorenzo isn't).

Reply to this Topic
TheCelticHound

Jun 08

DETERMINATION BY THE BUCKETLOAD

Rossi is a winner and an incredibly determined winner at that. He will do almost anything to win as that is the nature of all natural racers. Leaving that aside he has given an unprecedented amount of victories to Yamaha (naturally a team effort from JB and all the crew) in his time with them. Respect is a 2 way street and I believe that it has been a 2 way street between Yamaha & Rossi. In all lengthy relationships there will always be fraught moments and while we all like to get our way it is not possible due to the vagaries of life etc. Should Rossi finish his season early and get the shoulder op ???. Unless you are Rossi then it is impossible to know the correct response. However, Vale has a responsibility to his sponsors, Yahama, his fans and most of all to himself, but above all else I believe him to be an exceptionally honourable man and his decision will weigh heavy with him whatever decision he arrives at. Suffice to say I and countless others want him back fully fit and for sure causing mayhem at the front of the leading pack with the rest of the Aliens. Ciao 

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

I'm with ya Celtic Hound!!!

Well said fella!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN