You are in... Forums > General > General > Whose Ridden A Honda X-11

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

phpbiker

Sep 10

phpbiker says:

Whose Ridden A Honda X-11

For years I have been searching for the right machine.

Large, quick, well made, comfortable, and good for long days in the saddle, a lot of it at speed.

I have owned Triumph's, Kawasaki's, Suzuki's etc..

The FZS1000 and a strange thing called a Honda X-11 are in the only bikes left in the running. 

None of the newer machines fit me well. I am 5-11 15stone. 

The Fazer seems to be an awesome machine, just a little boring.

I like the look of the X-11 as its odd, bulky slightly ugly perhaps, but massively grunty.

Bandit, no way. Too many of them.

What do people think of the old X-11? Anyone whose not a fanatic care to add anything that may help?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (01 October 2010 03:11)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Take

One Honda Blackbird, throw away the fairing and 'voila,' one Honda X11..
Should imagine, if you ask an Honda Blackbird owner what is/her bikes like, then you'll have a good description of an X11 minus the wind protection.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

X11

I`ve had the Blackbird and the X11,the X11 will rip your arms off or blow your head off before top speed.:shock:

Reply to this Topic
McFly998

May 04

McFly998 says:

X11

I've always been a fan of big yamaha's, 16 years of 1000cc yamaha sports bikes.  

I've currently got an X11 streetfighter and an R1 both from 2000 (W reg).  I love the X11, infact the R1 hardly gets a look in these days. 

I think the original round headlight makes it look a bit clunky, but this can be replaced, and personally I'm not a fan of the Honda linked brake system, so mine has been delinked. 

But really I'm nit picking, it's every bike I could wish for.  I had it up to 150 on the mountain mile at last years TT, and have just done 1500 miles in 4 days round Scotland and loved it despite the weather.  The bike is great.

Have a look on the owners website to see how much people like them (http://www.hondax11.com/).  Plus there aren't many about so it's a bit different.

It's not quite a naked Blackbird, but it's close.  It's only got 5 gears and personally I'd have prefered the 6 speed box that the blackbird got - but again I'm nit picking. 

Reply to this Topic
phpbiker

Sep 10

phpbiker says:

Comfortable?

Thanks man. I am a member of that forum, but it seems a little quiet. 

I am really finding it a tough decision to make between a Fazer Thou and the X-11. And when going for a really good bike, you need to be focuses, splitting the time looking at trying to find two different models can be a nightmare I find. 

How lazy is the riding position on the X-11? Is it very comfortable? As good as a Fazer Thou?

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

fazer

The 01/05 fazer 1000 is more upright than the X11,if your lazy like me i like the cbf 1000 f/injection,you can slow down to 20mph and pick up in top gear smoothly.

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

fazer thou every time but you will go for the x-11 I am betting

ok first off you cant claim the fazer thou is boreing and go for a honda own a fazer thou and have riden an x-11 my mate had first off the tank range isnt the best the front shocks well acculty dont know if its the shocks or what but it weighs alot over the front wheel which makes cornering not as good as some of the muscle bikes out there and no where near as good as the fazers.  brakes are ok and it is a nice lookin bike but as every one says not many of them about which means parts are a fucker and it has one less balanceing shaft on the engine which means its bit more viby than the blackbird and the engine aint as good as you hope no where near the blackbirds and not as good as the fazers.  But heres the thing and the only thing that counts when you wake up whats the first thing you would rather see the x-11 or the fazer you so know you want the x-11 lol

but dont every compare the x-11 with the blackbird  under any circumstance if you do you will make a huge mistake but if you get an x-11 black ones are faster the blue ones just make you want to puke :P

Reply to this Topic
phpbiker

Sep 10

phpbiker says:

Fazer Moves Ahead

Seems Like they tuned all the excitement out of those bikes. Hornets, Bandits etc...Fazers only ones with anything near the full sport engine. 

Seems Like the fazers edging ahead..

Just don't want to miss the eye watering acceleration I get from my 9R, and my old R1 carb model. R1 has gone. And 9R is .. nice.. very nice for an 02, but ..impractical really for doing serious miles two up.

Reply to this Topic
phpbiker

Sep 10

phpbiker says:

Honda X-11 Maybe Not So Bland?

I've been doing some looking around at the web, seems like a basic pipe and a power commander is all that is needed for serious power from the X-11. And there are some pretty awesome looking examples out there, to show you how its done. 

I never touched the ZX-9R because they are worth more original, like how much is my less than 18K 02 Fully Original worth in comparison to someone else's piped, jetted, painted stickered..undertrayed..you get me..

But the X-11 seems more like it wants to be messed with a tiny bit. Some really awesome looking brutes out there..

Also, in bad weather in Europe, when the side winds and rain keept me down to 70mph max, all the bikes that overtook were large naked with plenty of weight on the front wheel and no sail to offer to the sidewinds. 

Like someone else said, when you open the garage and see it looking back at you, which gets your pecker up..  A Fazer ? Or an X-11? For me the X-11 just looks more ...brutal, and there is something wrong with the proportions of the Fazer around the clock fairing handlebar / tank area...

Reply to this Topic
KGEE

Jan 04

KGEE says:

X11

Why not just get a Bird ??

Reply to this Topic
bibesagain

Feb 09

bibesagain says:

X11

Yes, I have an X11 although haven't used it for the last 2 years.  Brilliant naked bike with Honda reliability.

It has a detuned Blackbird engine which pumps out around 135bhp and has huge torque  It is certainly the  most torquey four-in-line bike I have ever owned.  I also have a Thunderarse with the exup valve and despite this, it is nowhere near as torquey as the X11.

It gets a bit strangled after 7k revs but keep going and it pulls well up to the red line.

Does about 32 mpg which ain't great.

I took my small screen off due to the buffeting and noise (have done the same on my MT01) as I find small screens rarely work.

This means that at 80+ one gets a strained neck but at least it acts as a licence saver.

Heavy and planted, it is great for fast road use (took it out on Mad Sunday at the IOM TT some years back and it didn't disgrace itself)

I would recommend this bike to anyone - absolutely brilliant and for a while in the late 90's early 2000's was the best naked around (in my view).

The electronic ignition works well with no "on/off" glitch you find on the later Fazer inection models.  In fact it works so well, the choke is often not needed.  Clutch rattles a lot but pull the clutch lever in on tickover and it stops.

Has linked brakes which don't bother me - Ground clearance not up to sports bike standards so expect to ground it when leaning enthusiastically.

People either hate its looks or love it.  I love it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices