Skip to content

Discuss This Full picture gallery of 2011 Kawasaki Z1000SX New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Full picture gallery of 2011 Kawasaki Z1000SX

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Full picture gallery of 2011 Kawasaki Z1000SX

MCN brought the world first pictures of the new Kawasaki Z1000SX last week when we scooped pictures lodged on an intellectual property site, but now we’ve got official Kawasaki pictures and information. The Z1000SX is being presented by Kawasaki as a modern day useable superbike like the GPZ900 and ZZR1100 and is basically a fully-faired version of the Z1000 naked bike...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (01 October 2010 16:42)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ThreK

Oct 10

ThreK says:

Fuel Tank

The brochure states that they upped the fuel tank from 15 to 19 litres which really is one weak point of the naked Z1000.They also changed the instruments to an analogue/digital combo which I personally prefer to the full digital one on the current naked. (http://issuu.com/hellforleather/docs/z1000sx_1_/1?viewMode=presentation - posted by Ginja below)

In my opinion it's a great looking bike and I really hope it's going to be a success as I now desperately want one!

Reply to this Topic
fatbloke00

Mar 06

fatbloke00 says:

Looks excellent

I agree with @oldthing, I had zx9r e1 from new until last year, it was a brilliant all-rounder, and this does look like it has the potential to be a worthy successor.  I'm off to InterMot in Cologne next weekend and there should be one there in the flesh to look at apparently.

Anyone know when it'll be in the dealers?

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Z 1000 SX.......

Saw this bike in MCN just last week in black.

Looks are better than the new ZX10R and i still think it even after seeing this lime/licquorice boiled sweet paint job.

One thing that grinds(and it is just minor)why,do bike manufacturers bring out bikes with full fairings and then,just to be lighter the nearest competitor,start messing with it, just  too save ounces!?

Where is the splash guard from inside lower front fairing?They know fine well the pipes and engine will get clogged full of crap.This is Supposed too be an all rounder,not a bloody race bike.Oh yes and lets hope fuel tank has grown and fuelling is sorted.

Still,it looks good and i hope they try too keep price good as well.Its nearest rival is the YAMAHA FZ FAZER which is about £9-9500,for what is a mass produced bike. That is taking the proverbial.

Take note Kawasaki.

Reply to this Topic
DARMHA900SS

Jul 09

DARMHA900SS says:

I WANT ONE!

Beautiful!!

I want one. Trouble is, I moved to Brasil 5 years ago. If Kawasaki bother to import iot here it will cost about 2.5 times what it costs in the UK. (Don't you just love import taxes). Just to give you an example, a Honda Hornet 600 retails for about £13,400 here.

Still, great looking bike with useable performance. Just what the doctor ordered for old gits like me that havn't really grown up but can't squeaze our old bodies into an R1 anymore.

Reply to this Topic
nicolitov

Aug 06

nicolitov says:

Awsome!

I am also a owner of a ZX9 and this may be the future bike for me!I hope it is not to small phisically. Otherwise it thick every request from my side!

I hope they will do it in blue also!

Reply to this Topic
jabba8

Apr 10

jabba8 says:

Want one

Looks amazing and sounds like it will have just what I am looking for from my next bike in the spring.

That aside has anyone else picked up on the irony of this bike? A whole new category - ' The faired naked!'

For years the fairings have been coming off to create the 'super naked' so if you have a super naked which was a sports bike with the fairing off (I know there was never a Z1000 with a fairing but that was the concept) and then you put it back on then what do you have? My head hurts.

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

bit down on power

nice lookin but why does it only have 128bhp fazer has over 140 would like to see the new dash on it see if they have changed it second problem I can see if it uses the same frame its going to be prity short which means it loses out on the touring side of it since it will be classed as a sports tourer only thing that can save it is its price and looks lets hope they dont price them selves out of the market 8G would be about right 7 and a half even better

Reply to this Topic
chmer20

Oct 09

chmer20 says:

bikerbit

Ginja posted the link early for the brochure which is very informative and has some good photos.

http://issuu.com/hellforleather/docs/z1000sx_1_/1?viewMode=presentation

the kawi motor has more low and midrange power than the Fazer.

appears to use same fram, 4L larger tank, new clocks (analog tach) and givi hard luggage as accessory from kawi

Reply to this Topic
kompkar

Jan 06

kompkar says:

Photo Gallery

When will MCN web developers learn their trade and upgrade the picture gallery in these articles ? - when someone clicks enlarge, it only shows the current image, why not include thumbnails of the other images in the article,so the user can see the enlarged images of all the pictures.....instead of closing the enlarged view, then clicking on the next image and then clicking on enlarge.....if there are 10 pictures of bike, this process becomes hideous !!

Reply to this Topic
HardRider51

Dec 10

HardRider51 says:

The Z1000SX frame

According to my info the Z1000SX does not use the same frame as the Z1000. The new frame is aluminum and is narrower and higher to accommodate the higher speeds (different gearing) obtained by the new aerodynamic full fairing. Engine mountings also differ etc.

This bike is truly a new class. I have ridden the 2005 ZX-10R (awesome but uncomfortable) and now ride a 2008 GTR (great bike, powerful and comfortable but too heavy). Kawasaki has answered my prayers with this bike. Agility, handling, power, comfort, wind protection and looks!! What more can a man want?

I have already ordered mine.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices