General Suitable moped advice General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Suitable moped advice

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

charlieandcrumpet

Oct 10

Suitable moped advice

Looking at possible mopeds for my wife, any advice about the kymco agility 50cc please. Or any suggestions around a max of £1000, thanks. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (01 October 2010 20:03)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

wife

Welcome C,There are other ways of getting rid of your wife.:blink:

Reply to this Topic
BaldE35

Oct 06

BaldE35 says:

Scooter

Mate, I'd just stick to the good qualty well known brands and forget the newer chip as chips makes. Do a bit of reading plenty of scoot mags around. 

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

asuming she's riding on CBT?

you can buy new Piaggio ones for a tad more on the road - my dad bought one last year, £1200.

Part of it will come down to insurance, and any licence restrictions she has.

Hope that helps, some more info useful.

Reply to this Topic
jonny68

Mar 09

jonny68 says:

50cc ?

Mopeds should be banned cuz they are so dangerous ! People have the miss guided view that they are relitively safe because of the low pwer but in actual fact it makes them lethal cuz they just can't keep up with the traffic flow and end up getting squeezed into the pavement. There is also no power to get out of trouble. :upset:

I would go for the 125 , take it steady and build confidence. Stick to the good makes and don't go anywhere near the Chinese stuff. It fall apart very quickly.

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Mopeds

Depends whether your wife passed her car test before early 2001.If this was the case she can ride a moped without taking any tests . The Sym Symply 50 can be derestricted to do 45mph which is of course illegal if you haven`t got a full licence . The Sym and the Kymco are the cheapest 50`s and 125`s of the non big names . Piaggios and Peugeots are made in China , at least the cheaper ones are .

Look at the better Chinese Makes of Sinnis , Keeway , Lexmoto , Baotian and Pulse . It might come down to having a Dealer nearby .

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices