Skip to content

Discuss This WSB Magny-Cours: race 2 results - Biaggi steals first from Crutchlow World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > WSB Magny-Cours: race 2 results - Biaggi steals first from Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

WSB Magny-Cours: race 2 results - Biaggi steals first from Crutchlow

Max Biaggi stormed past Cal Crutchlow to take victory. Crutchlow was unable to repeat his success of race one and was forced to accept second place. Michel Fabrizio took third place on the Xerox Ducati, following on from his blistering performance in free practice. 1 M. BIAGGI ITA Aprilia Alitalia Racing Aprilia RSV4 Factory 2 C. CRUTCHLOW GBR Yamaha Sterilgarda Team Yamaha...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (03 October 2010 18:10)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

@ JamesNutt

"What is Max's problem?" 

Hard to say. These things often have their root in childhood.

Regarding this specific incident, I believe it had nothing to do with bubbly in Max's face but rather that it had been agreed not to spray champagne as a mark of respect for the death of Italian WSBK race director Alberto Fantini, who had died the same afternoon - something Crutchlow was blissfully unaware of. 

Of course the most discreet thing to do to correct Cal would have been to have a quiet word in his ear, but Max appeared to try and dry hump him instead. Crutchlow - thinking it was all horseplay - didn't even cotton on until Biaggi finally took the diplomatic approach. Why he didn't do that in the first place one can only speculate - perhaps all those pirate flags for him obliged the swashbuckling approach? You can't help but think that a little sprayed champers would have been far less disrespectful than the uproarious pantomime it turned into.

Anyway, two VERY fine rides by Mr Crutchlow, whose racecraft continues to mature nicely, if not his international diplomacy.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Max the Pirate

seems quite fitting really. I think the long held view of most people in the paddock is that Max has always been a bandit of some sort

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Max and the Model

Was he not linked with Naomi Campbell back in the mid 90's at the hieght of his 250 career.

Reply to this Topic
george shuttleworth

May 04

Shepshed

15th to 6th in. Four laps is hardly slow is it! Maybe you should go and have some lessons of Jenny .. You sound like you need them.. And when you've learnt something.. As it would appear you know sod all at the moment, then maybe .. Just maybe you'll actually be able to post something a bit more educated than the usual drivel .

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Smokescreen RobTZ

besides, everyone knows that Naomi Campbell is actually a space monster that bites off the heads of her staff and then devours them

Reply to this Topic
Evs7

Mar 07

Evs7 says:

Strange

I saw someone on here posted that the Biaggi/Crutchlow incident might have been to do with the death of Italian WSBK race director Alberto Fantini. But after getting the latest off another site it appears it was just to do with the fact that Biaggi was sick. Cal - “Initially he was fine; he threw the trophy up in the air and appeared ecstatic, so when the national anthem finished I grabbed the champagne and started spraying it. It was never aimed at him directly or aimed at his face – I think it was maybe taken by him in the wrong context. I thought he was joking when he started jumping around so I carried on spraying him, and then he said 'don't spray it at me'. I said 'why not, you've just won the race' and he said 'I'm sick'. I apologise to Max – I didn't realise he was sick, and I certainly didn't expect his reaction." Also you will see pictures on this other site of Biaggi spraying the champagne.... So that was truly bizarre. Great rider but looks like it was just a bit of a crazy moment.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Arrogant prick

would be another way to put it

Reply to this Topic
snjphotographer

Feb 09

Evs7

what site was it on

Reply to this Topic

Sep 10

4619 says:

Biaggi pissed off

Biaggi is just pissed off that cal is going to motogp!! yeah your a great rider Biaggi but you came close to a good thump from cal who im sure is pissed off now he's missed his chance????

Reply to this Topic
asti1

Oct 10

asti1 says:

Biaggi has nothing to prove, i doubt very much that he is jealous of Cal going to moto gp, if anything i think Cal would like to have the career that Max has had, Max has proved himself in gp's that he is a top rider, winning numerous races, and sometimes beating Rossi, Not many riders can say that. We will have to wait to see how good Cal is when he goes to moto gp, but i think he's in for a big shock when he go's to gp's, he will then realize that he is not as good as he thinks, Cal is a good rider, but has a very high opinion of himself.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices