Skip to content

Discuss This Motegi MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo blasts Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Motegi MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo blasts Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Motegi MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo blasts Valentino Rossi

Jorge Lorenzo launched a scathing attack on Fiat Yamaha team-mate Valentino Rossi after the Italian defeated him in a captivating conclusion to yesterday’s Japanese MotoGP race. Lorenzo could accept fourth position as he took another giant stride towards lifting his maiden MotoGP crown. What he found tough to stomach was the manner in which Rossi condemned him to a second successive fourth...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (04 October 2010 14:16)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Finish it Jeorge

I hope that Jeorge will win the championship next race.Then let battle begin,Rossi can then do as he wants.Jeorge will not have to worry about the championship any more thus allowing him to concentrate on beating Rossi.If Rossi can beat him with out knocking him off the track then fair play because Jeorge isnt going to back down.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Supermario

How far is your head up Rossi's arse??? Biaggi thumped Rossi then the slapping started..... Anyway I take it you have Maximytosis (you would love to suck his talented toes). From your post about the Cal Crutchlow champagne spraying incident you showed your crude lack of respect as you hide behind a keyboard. Cal (top man in my books) was a twat as they were briefed "not" to spray champagne out of respect for the death of Italian WSBK race director Alberto Fantini. Not because Max had a f'kin cold! Max loves a champagne fight where have you been for the past 16 years? Watch the video and notice the other Max (Fabrizio) leaves his bottle corked and on the floor. Cal just got over excited because he had just had a great race and finished up behind a multi world champion. Cal Crutchlow doesn't mince his words and he didn't think Max was being an "arrogant prick" as you put it in your WSB thread, otherwise Cal would have verbally shredded Biaggi in the post race interview! I was stunned how complimentary he was to Biaggi??? Why? Because he shouldn't have uncorked his champagne..... jeez Cal didn't even complain how fast the Aprilia was? I used to love some of your Sh*t stirring on this forum, stirring is good being an aggresive moron is not. Get back to your best..........

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

By the way....

Great scrap, a bit rough and tough but this is world championship racing? Rossi has been very successful through a bit of intimidation.... Lorenzo should just dish it out straight back. Jorge wasn't particularly polite in his early 250 days! What Jorge should of done was release a statement saying "it was great fun but he decided to back out of it to protect his title chances and he didn't want Vale to get hurt again..... this year!" Ha ha play Rossi at his own game..... just act like it didn't bother him a bit and do a bangin' overtake on Rossi next round? That is how they did it back in the 500 days..... too much like girly F1 if this continues, the last thing Moto GP needs is another Stoner whinge when there is a race on. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
1motion

Jul 07

1motion says:

some cheese for that whine JLO?

it takes 2 to dance... if jorge didnt want to get ran into he should have gave the line to rossi after all he did have the inside line when they touched .... great riding by rossi if you ask me, seems like Jlo assumes since he is going to be champion people should just pull out of his way.

Reply to this Topic
fanofthesport

Mar 10

It's better this way

I'm interested to read this article and all that, but I applaud Rossi taking the fight to Jorge.  Yamaha was right to speak up about "their race," but should have brought the issue back to Jorge if they were going to discuss it with anyone.  After all, it was Rossi's position and it is the responsibility of the passer to pass safely. 

I think I speak for most (not all, obviously) when I say that a bit of contact makes the race that much more rewarding to watch.  If I were Jorge, I would have publicly thanked Rossi for the spirited race and also for setting this precedent.  Something like, "now that it's abundantly clear to everyone that this is the kind of racing Rossi enjoys, he will not be upset when I employ such tactics on him." 

And it's pretty ridiculous, this whole discussion.  If you want an example of too much contact, watch the final pass Fabrizio put on Guintoli in magny race 2.  He punted Silvan.  I can't believe he didn't get DQ'd for it, especially considering his history of such contact.

I was losing my interest in all things Rossi before this race and I'm glad to see him getting the best of his rivals once again.

Reply to this Topic
mrblistershifter

Jan 10

Boo Hoo !

Lorenzo was ready for a reality slap anyway.  Rossi has more talent and balls than whiney Lorenzo even when he's not 100% well yet.  Enjoy your inherited title, Jorge,  because next year its going to get a lot rougher........

Reply to this Topic
duraace9sp

Apr 07

duraace9sp says:

Rossi

Personally-----I loved the racing between rossi and lorenzo....welcome to Racing....it needent be polite thought it shouldnt be blatantly dangerous (more than the sport)...that being said if Lorenzo didnt or doent like to dance..then back off and wait for his chance to go cleanly...if her can!

what I am surprised about is that NO ONe....and I mean no one even so much as mentioned that Rossi totally jumped the start....totally...moved and across the box.......and being rossi..not even honda (who wanted him in front of lorenzo...or dorna said a thing?????

whats that?

Reply to this Topic
motomadness

Jun 10

motomadness says:

I guess Rossi can forget about his request to test ride Duc right after Valencia race.

Reply to this Topic
motomadness

Jun 10

motomadness says:

Is Lin Jarvis spanish??

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Willie

I'm so disappointed, you seemed like a righteous guy. Turns out your as big a fucking cry baby as Biaggi

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices