Skip to content

Discuss This Haslam acquaints himself with new BMW World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Haslam acquaints himself with new BMW

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Haslam acquaints himself with new BMW

Leon Haslam has spent this morning with his Dad, Ron getting to know his new factory BMW team at Magny Cours. The 2010 WSB runner-up will get his first ride on the bike tomorrow after being confirmed in the official team alongside Troy Corser last week. Haslam has already been to the factory in Munich to sit on the bike and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (04 October 2010 14:40)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

best rider?

Jonathan Rea definately.

He is very consistent and very quick and always been against the best riders in one of the top classes and never looked like he should not be there.

However he should have been moved on to GP.  If the Honda is not capable of winning the WSBK championship next year then they may be ruining/wasting a very good rider.

I hope Cal gets to the top of GP, but we are looking at a couple of years time, I cannot see him getting the works spec bike like Spies did for three races, Edwards and Spies are back on the same pace again now they have the same bikes I noticed.

We will never know about Shakey, if he had been given a works Ducati after his forst year in WSBK he may have won, we will never know.

Leon Camier is following behind Jonathan Rea, top class rider if he gets his hands on a top notch bike then he could battle for a title, you just wonder if he will get the chance, cant imagine him in GP because of his size.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Rea

I agree Johnny Rea is probably the best of the Brits.Give him the right bike and he would take the title no problem.
Richard 1967 I think it is totally unfair for you to say JT and SB did not have the will to win.I would love to see what they had to say about that and their answer would not be polite!

Reply to this Topic
marchwitty

Sep 10

marchwitty says:

Buelligan272 and windy12

I totally agree, Jonny Rea will be a world champion before any of the others, I said this a couple of weeks ago in another thread.

Reply to this Topic
trickynicky

Oct 10

trickynicky says:

Got to be Leon

It's not Rea or Crutchlow who came second in the Championship! Cal going to MotoGP isn't an indication of his riding ability, simply politics: (they need a Brit on the gird) and Tech 3 are the only outfit with space. There's no way Honda would take Rea when they have too many riders already; and he's not Spanish! Nothing going at Ducati with Vale taking all the budget and why would anyone want to go to Suzuki? I think he'll suffer the same fate as JT, but sooner. Leon's made the best move if he's at all thinking of getting into the top class. I wouldn't be surprised to see him up there in a couple of years on a BMW.

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

re trickynicky

I like Leon Haslam too, great person, family and rider, I hope he wins or stays near the top next year.

However Leon has not done so well in his career as Jonathan Rea, Jonathan has made very move perfect from his Red Bull days, such good steps in a short time to a point where he will deliver of that I am certain.  It is definately a bike problem not Jonathan, look at Checa and Max on the Honda.  If they sort the bike he could take the title.

Leon made some not so good moves early on, regrouped then rebuilt his career and moved on to where he is now.  They are different ages.  Taking nothing from Leon, I rate him too.  There can only be one 'best'.

JT felt badly treated by Yamaha, and the troubles have not ended, ideally he should have been out of Tech 3 and in to a different WSBK team, but for whatever reason that did not happen, maybe his contract I do not know, but the Yamaha move may have ruined his career, his fault too mind.  I will be surprised if his next bike will see him top 5, I dont see a path for him anymore.

Looks like Sykes may have been the real deal, if he had been left on that Yamaha one more year he could be holding the title, no-one has looked as good on that Kawasaki in WSBK.

We have a lot of talented riders.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

it makes a bit of a change

to see people just giving their opinions without getting excited. I like it. Your all completely wrong, but I like it :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

Leon

leon may go down as the best rider never to win a major championship...i hope not, but i get this feeling.

all the best next year leon and you are the best brit out there in wsbk...the results prove it...sorry jonny rae, but your not...not yet anyway.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices