Skip to content

Discuss This Cologne Bike Show: 2011 GSX-R750 and 2011 GSX-R600 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Cologne Bike Show: 2011 GSX-R750 and 2011 GSX-R600

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Cologne Bike Show: 2011 GSX-R750 and 2011 GSX-R600

Suzuki has just publically unveiled the Suzuki GSX-R600 and GSX-R750 at the Cologne Bike Show They are claiming 9kg weight reduction over the previous GSX-R600 taking it down to 187kg. This is due to engine weight losses and an entirely new chassis. The GSX-750 has had an 8kg weight reduction and also 10% improvement in fuel economy.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (05 October 2010 09:00)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
FORCE3D

Apr 09

FORCE3D says:

Well with all this claimed weight loss and various improvements I think she looks great!!! The bike ain't bad either

Reply to this Topic
gofasterjared

Jul 10

Is it just me

or do i see brembo brakes on the bike?

Reply to this Topic
brynhils

Jun 06

brynhils says:

Getting Lazy?

They might be 'Brembo' units on that model but, I'm not seeing any extra safety features like ABS which seem to be fitted to a great many sport bikes nowadays.

Perhaps Suzuki are getting a bit lazy?  Do we really care about a 9Kg weight loss when we are commuting from home to the office on our traffic congested roads?  How much time do people spend on a track vs time on the local roads?  Most of these will never see a track - I reckon we put back a couple of Kg with optional ABS/Traction control etc and I'm sure people wouldn't mind.

Reply to this Topic
2FAST4YOU

Jun 07

2FAST4YOU says:

ABS/Traction control

I'm in the ABS/Traction control camp I'm loving the Brembo & BPF very nice but ABS/Traction control is the future if you like speed it makes you go/stop faster & it should at the very least be optional extra! Look at BMW everyone likes it even the ones who say they don't

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

I say,

Was she chosen because her nose exactly matches the front end of the Suzook? C'mon MCN, get with the real story...

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

So when do we get a 1000cc version?

Reply to this Topic
cjenkins

Sep 09

cjenkins says:

gsxr

New 1000 in 2012 if they stick to the three year cycle.

Reply to this Topic
zepper252

Sep 10

zepper252 says:

hmmmm

Its supposed to be a 2 yr cycle for the 1000's.   2001/2002, 03/04, 05/06, 07/08, 09/10.      They owe us a fookin' 1000.

Reply to this Topic
Toecutter71

Jun 10

Toecutter71 says:

I realy do not know What happens  whit Suzuki, but my impresion is,or Suzuki put they money in car or thay give'up of bike's, except in gsx-r class(but,that is questionable)  Suzuki didn't make brend new bike for 5 past year's, realy i was sure when yamaha reveal new fazer 8 end kawasaki reveal new z 1 end z 750,Suzuki have some card in the sleeve, but nothing go'n hapend.Know, i all ready wory !!!! They revel new???? gsx-r 750 end 600(but when we make a joke)which is lighter for...whos go'n'a care... especialy when all others brend's shooting up realy new end nice bike's

Those anybody know's what's going on whit "once up on a time, great manufacturer of bikes"??

People from Suzuki, ...enybody!!!??

Reply to this Topic
cjenkins

Sep 09

cjenkins says:

They said they were changing to a three year cycle some time ago. I just hope the the bikes worth waiting for or i'll be getting the new Ducati thats due for release in 2012.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices