Skip to content

Discuss This Cologne Bike Show: 2011 Triumph Speed Triple gallery New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Cologne Bike Show: 2011 Triumph Speed Triple gallery

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Cologne Bike Show: 2011 Triumph Speed Triple gallery

Triumph's all new 2011 Speed Triple is set to be the most exciting yet, with more power, less weight and more nimble feel mimicking the 675cc Street Triple. Triumph officially pull the wraps off the new model today at the Intermot show in Cologne. It has a brand new chassis, new five-spoke wheels, new Showa forks and shock and is claimed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (05 October 2010 09:30)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
v1nn1e

Jan 09

v1nn1e says:

Hmmm, NICE!

Oooh, could even possibly tempt me away from my StripleR! ;¬>

Reply to this Topic
Cornerthief

Feb 09

Cornerthief says:

fugly

they should have kept the old headlights, these are just plain wrong.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Spee trip or is it a Benelli tnt look a like

Maybe i'm used too the looks of the present Speed Triple but this new model is a no-no at least for now.

The one bike Triumph have produced and made a success of is now,if you look at it,a Benelli TNT and Moto Morini cross over look-a-like.

If you can,get hold of pics of these other two bikes and compare them with this new model,the tank,rad covers,exhaust,seat,seat unit even down to the red colour,makes it look very similar too these other makes and models.

Don't misunderstand,there's nothing wrong with these other bikes,no,but Triumph is British and British bikes have always had a uniqueness about them.......called individuality, with a dash of the old fashioned,we won't change values thrown in.

Yes,the old SPD TRP,needed freshening up, but not to this extent surely?

If this bike had been designed by say,Benelli then yeah,it would great,but because its made by Triumph i feel(personally),its lost its British identity and that is what helps sell the Triumph name!:mad:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Triumph Speed Triple.

Yes, personally like the new style. Old headlights always looked like someone had taken the fairing off and left the headlights on. I think this is an improvement and I'm tempted to swap for my Sprint St.! Needs the little screen to finish it off though!

Reply to this Topic
tl1000kid

Aug 02

tl1000kid says:

FUNKY!

Reply to this Topic
nitonman

Oct 09

nitonman says:

Just the update it needed, looks the nuts. Now, which colour is fastest, black or red, maybe white?

Reply to this Topic
street3r

Sep 10

street3r says:

Mixed feelings on this one. The bike on the whole looks realy good and less weight makes it very interesting, it's what I like about my Street-3-R. But, they've gone from "bug eye" headlights to something which reminds me of my maths teacher's glasses, from the 70s. "What does 3x make"? "Er and omelette miss", "Get out boy". Another seat which pushes my nuts into the tank and the pillion almost perched on your shoulders.

Reply to this Topic
abar121

Dec 09

abar121 says:

How could they loose the trademark headlights?

Reply to this Topic
PhilHolm

Jun 08

PhilHolm says:

2011 Triumph Speed Triple

Looks like all the rest of the new bikes, keeping my 94 Speed Triple the best !.

Reply to this Topic
seiraki

Oct 10

seiraki says:

i prefer the classic headlights

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle