Skip to content

Discuss This Cologne Bike Show: 2011 Triumph Speed Triple gallery New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Cologne Bike Show: 2011 Triumph Speed Triple gallery

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Cologne Bike Show: 2011 Triumph Speed Triple gallery

Triumph's all new 2011 Speed Triple is set to be the most exciting yet, with more power, less weight and more nimble feel mimicking the 675cc Street Triple. Triumph officially pull the wraps off the new model today at the Intermot show in Cologne. It has a brand new chassis, new five-spoke wheels, new Showa forks and shock and is claimed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (05 October 2010 09:30)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
yaxireaper

Feb 06

yaxireaper says:

BOOOOOOOOOO!

Sorry but triumph haven't done enough to call this a new model its a face lift  in my eyes and those  headlights do look  a bit special needs.You can get more oomph by using the race cans and a Pcom .They should have gone 1200cc .Its onpar power wise  with the competition ,but going 1200cc they would have kicked ass and kept there nutter bike tag.Shame on you,DISAPOINTING

Reply to this Topic
ThreK

Oct 10

ThreK says:

Confused....

According to Triumphs official website (www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/motorcycles/range/roadsters/speed-triple/2011/speed-triple/2654) the 2011 model has a wet weight of 219kg whereas the 2010 model is listed as having a wet weight of 217kg! (www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/motorcycles/range/roadsters/speed-triple/2010/speed-triple/specifications)

So where is the great weight saving? Am I missing something? It looks to me like they made the bike 2kg heavier but advertising it with being 5kg lighter!? And there is no indication for this being the weight with ABS included...

Reply to this Topic
morandave

Jan 04

morandave says:

Some Good Some Bad

I like the lights. If it wasn't for the present frog eyes I'd probably own a Speed Tripple. (Yeh I know I could always change them!) 

Other bits are not so good, don't like the new tank shape, just something bulbus about it; and the front indicators are way low, could do with fitting indicator mirrors.

Anyway I'm sure Jack Lilley's will come up with a special to make us drool.

Reply to this Topic
morandave

Jan 04

morandave says:

Some Good Some Bad

I for one like the way they styled the lights, much better than the old frog eyes.

However the tank looks wrong, something bulbus going on there and the indicators are way low, it needs indicator mirrors or something, or you could always keep it on the back wheel :)

Anyway I'm sure Jack Lilley's will come up with a special to make us all drool.

Reply to this Topic
71bandit

Apr 06

71bandit says:

It looks unfinished. Like it's waiting for the rest of the cowling to be put on. Those white panels under the frame break up the flow. I'll take it off my wish list!!

Reply to this Topic
nickalexandr

Oct 10

nickalexandr says:

where is the muscle of the old one?where is the character of the old one?where is the difference from the "crowd" of the old one???

Reply to this Topic
nickalexandr

Oct 10

nickalexandr says:

YES: for the changes in fork,shock,frame & engine NO: for the look of it.

Reply to this Topic
mcned

Jun 10

mcned says:

WTF

Lights - far too big and bulbous, looks unfinished.

Indicators - going to get broken off in traffic

Engine - better

Overall - Waste of a great opportunity Triumph, though I suspect your die-hard fan base will buy it anyway, whcih is probably what was going through your mind when you "styled" this abomination.

Reply to this Topic
reverendhoover

Oct 09

Looks like the general feeling

is that the bike's ugly.   I know that the Street Triple and Speed Triple are good bikes but I never have enjoyed their styling, especially the under seat exhausts.  Looks like a Ducati Monster from the back.

Have you seen the new Z750R? Now that's a pretty naked.

Reply to this Topic
occam

Oct 10

occam says:

@everendhoover

I wouldn't call them exactly underseat, but I believe the high mount exhausts on the Monster were only introduced with the 696, which was launched in 2008, while the Speed Triple has them since the 1050 was launched in 2005. That would mean that it is the Monster that looks like the Speed Triple from behind, and not the other way around. In any case, nothing looks like the Speed Triple when seen from the front. Well, until now, that is.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices