Skip to content

Discuss This Cologne Bike Show: 2011 Triumph Speed Triple video New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Cologne Bike Show: 2011 Triumph Speed Triple video

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Cologne Bike Show: 2011 Triumph Speed Triple video

Triumph has officially pulled the wraps off the 2011 Speed Triple at the Intermot show in Cologne today and MCN was there to film it. Read more about the bike in the speed triple launch centre The bike is set to be the most exciting yet, with more power, less weight and a more nimble feel, mimicking the 675cc Street Triple. http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid771491905http://www.brightcove.com/channel.jsp?channel=711881422     ...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (05 October 2010 14:44)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bvivers

Aug 02

bvivers says:

This is a big disappointment.  The looks have totally softened.  I mean, what's with that humpbacked tank and those "futuristic" lights.  It now looks more like one of those soulless Japanese nakeds.  I blame those idiot motorcycle journalists who kept whinging about how "dated" the previous model looked.  I will definitely be holding on to my 06 Triple for a good while longer.

Reply to this Topic
infomotoro

Oct 10

infomotoro says:

looks or feel!??

To those who say taht the new S3 is shit, I say that they don't know a thing about Triumphs.

Looks are important but more important are the things beneath the plastics. Engine is triple? (even thow its not long stroke like the t300, I say it is ok. Weight is ok? I say ok. riding position looks right to me.

If you want to look at yourself when rideing then you should ride the benelli TnT 900 or The MV Brutale.

If you like to ride your S3 then this one looks ok to me.

Reply to this Topic
weasel1976

Oct 06

weasel1976 says:

Weight

In the end, is it any lighter?

I read the specs on the Triumph site yesterday, and comparing 2010 and 2011 models - the weight was the same 217kg.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Chinese copy - surely!?!

Saw the pictures and nearly threw up. Now I've seen the video, I don't feel so bad as I am sure this is just a chinese copy. Please tell me this is the new Hyosung Speed Triple and it is all a big gag by MCN to fool us?

If it isn't a gag, then Triumph have just elevated the 05-10 model to classic, iconic status as this 2011 version is hideous.

Reply to this Topic
occam

Oct 10

occam says:

Not Chinese!

@kl595 please don't call this Chinese. You will offend the Japanese. Triumph recognized that its own style was too individual and distinct and recreated the UJM for the new Millennium. Genius! This now right up there with Suzuki and Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
seiraki

Oct 10

seiraki says:

does not look like triumph

i am sure that is better bike than the 2010 model but i like the old classic style with the retro headligths. i have a street triple and one of the reasons i bougth it was the retro look. i hope they next street triple will keep the headlights

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

HOI, TRIUMPH.NOOOOOOO!!!

I'll say it again,this bike has lost its British identity.

If, Triumph wanted a bike that looked Italian,then they have succeeded.

Just don't stick the Triumph name on it.

Another model ruined!!!

Reply to this Topic
weasel1976

Oct 06

weasel1976 says:

Weight.....again!!!

Well, it seems overnight it has gained some kilos....website states it at 219kg...

So...starts by saying 5kg loss, then 3kg loss, then it is even, now it is heavier......this is going to be one heavy beast by the time it hits the streets.

I think I may just go for the Street Triple R.......I keep hearing good things about that bike.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

thank GOD

they got rid of those fricken headlights that look like they came out of a £2.99 bin at halford's. looks awesome, hope to see them on the street triple soon,

Reply to this Topic
surfbish

May 10

surfbish says:

Thanks Triumph

Can you buy the old style lights as an accessory?? If so, they would make a mint.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices