Skip to content

Discuss This Cologne Bike Show: 2011 Triumph Speed Triple video New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Cologne Bike Show: 2011 Triumph Speed Triple video

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Cologne Bike Show: 2011 Triumph Speed Triple video

Triumph has officially pulled the wraps off the 2011 Speed Triple at the Intermot show in Cologne today and MCN was there to film it. Read more about the bike in the speed triple launch centre The bike is set to be the most exciting yet, with more power, less weight and a more nimble feel, mimicking the 675cc Street Triple. http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid771491905http://www.brightcove.com/channel.jsp?channel=711881422     ...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (05 October 2010 14:44)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ricklehurst

Oct 10

Ricklehurst says:

2011 Triumph Speed Triple

The styling tweaks (especially the new headlights) are a massive improvement & it no longer looks unfinished or crash-repaired.  If they give the street trifle the same treatment I'll almost certainly buy one.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

The new model just looks like a collection of bits stuck on a frame. Nothing blends and the rad cowls are diabolical.

Still, I don't care. I'm very happy. I couldn't care less about the shape of the headlights or the weight dropping by a couple of bags of chips or the increase of 3 tiny little horses as I wont be buying one. Can't see the point in spending £8500 on something you don't like when I can keep my 05 model, save a pile of cash and grin form ear to ear.

Reply to this Topic
occam

Oct 10

occam says:

Triumph: Went the MV way

@MCNMarcPotter that would explain this aberration. This miscarriage of design. I was a huge fan of Triumph until 5 Oct 2010. The 2005-2010 Speed Triple, with its retro look (which was by definition "outdated" when it first came out), was the signature bike of the Triumph brand. It embodied everything I loved about Triumph: it had character, it had class, it was proud, it was unique. And now they've ruined it. I was planning on upgrading from my Street Triple to the Speedy early next year, but I won't buy that thing. It would have to handle and perform 100% better than the outgoing model. But now that you speak of MV, perhaps I should go for the real thing and buy a Brutale instead of this travesty. And I would have never have considerer changing brands before this. Triumph, you will get the customers you deserve.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

occam

Don't worry my friend. Remember, this is the 2011 model. You can bet there will still be plenty of 2010 models around next year to buy, probably at a discount or probably with £1000's of accessories as part of the deal. You can still upgrade from the Street Triple and get a classic looking Speedy. Keep the faith ;)

Reply to this Topic
Trumpton3

Feb 08

Trumpton3 says:

WTF

Having owned a 2005 model, why make such tweaks and make it look pig ugly and those rad cowls are fookin awful specially with the big word "speed" on them. I loved my 2005 model until after 3 years and "good will gestures" from Triumph cos of build quality issues, she had to make way for the daddy " KTM Superduke". The 1050 Speed Triple engine was the best "Road" engine on any bike I've ridden in 28 years and only it being a bit top heavy spoilt the handling slightly. They should have put a lot more effort in and reaped the rewards from the punters they are aiming at.

Reply to this Topic
bvivers

Aug 02

bvivers says:

Just saw that video of the new S3 in action (well, what little of it you could see).  It convinced me of one thing however.  The black one would be the only one to go for.  At least those ridiculous panels behind the radiator would be disguised (from a distance at least).

Triumph should have kept the Harris Magnum looks of the previous model and given us a bigger engine.

Reply to this Topic
occam

Oct 10

occam says:

@kl595

Thanks for the words of encouragement, mate. I realise I still have plenty of time to buy a 2010 model. I wouldn't mind buying an older bike in second hand either. That's not why I'm so upset. It's what this redesign (not that it was done, but how it was done) is telling me about Triumph and where the brand is going. I am very angry at Triumph right now. And I truly don't understand why they've done this. I would also very much like to know who was responsible for it. Just out of morbid curiosity. Who came up with the concept. Who approved it. Who designed it. I simply cannot believe these were the same people that designed the 2005-2010 Speed Triple, the Street Triple, the Rocket III Roadster, etc.

Reply to this Topic
russ8655

Jun 09

russ8655 says:

Bug Eyed Monster

WTF have Triumph done to the once beautiful Speed Triple ? 

What never ceases to amaze me is that A) The designer obviously thought "you know what ? that looks really good" and B) Triumph obviously said "you know what ? that looks really good, let's make it"

If I was in the market for one I'd go for a 2010 Anniversary model in black. Looking at the direction Triumph are going in they are going to be very sought after !

Reply to this Topic
sadninjaman

May 09

sadninjaman says:

R-SEND

What are the designers thinking about with that rear end, the number plate and indicators will go the first time it's vertical !!!

Reply to this Topic
Tco13thReg

Oct 10

Tco13thReg says:

Shame

As a Triumph enthusiast, former Speed Triple owner and current Street Triple owner it gets the thumbs down from me. Strikes me as a 'middle ground' compromise. Looks a bit like the product of Beemer mated with a Gladius. Where did the 'attitude' go?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices