Skip to content

Discuss This Cologne Bike Show: 2011 Triumph Speed Triple video New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Cologne Bike Show: 2011 Triumph Speed Triple video

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Cologne Bike Show: 2011 Triumph Speed Triple video

Triumph has officially pulled the wraps off the 2011 Speed Triple at the Intermot show in Cologne today and MCN was there to film it. Read more about the bike in the speed triple launch centre The bike is set to be the most exciting yet, with more power, less weight and a more nimble feel, mimicking the 675cc Street Triple. http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid771491905http://www.brightcove.com/channel.jsp?channel=711881422     ...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (05 October 2010 14:44)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shoebox

Jun 07

shoebox says:

WHAT IS THAT ??????

what the hell is that ? Can i say to triumph, that what you have done to this is a big NO NO. You wont be selling many of them in 2011, And as to the one who designed it, PLEASE GO BACK TO THE FUTURE !!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
hawkeye1

Mar 10

hawkeye1 says:

Ha-ha, good riddance to those absolutely awful bug eyed headlights. I applaud the design team for taking the risk and moving with the times. Besides the re-emergence of triumph from day one has been all about RISK!!

Reply to this Topic
jonnyconcrete

Oct 05

My eyes

i think the new front lights look like dame edna everage's glasses
i loved the classic chrome lights on the previous model they were quirky
and slightly classic all at the same time

I was waiting to see what the new speed triple looked like so i could
maybe think of chopping my monster in for it but i think im going to take a squizz
at the new Ducati Diavel looking at this design abortion...

Reply to this Topic
JacquiHideousSmith

Mar 09

looks

when it comes to looks the Ducati Diavel beats the Triumph hands down. I really hope the triumph rides ALOT better than it looks or I WILL be buying the Duc.
Disappointed in this so far.. (current 2009 1050 owner)

Reply to this Topic
JacquiHideousSmith

Mar 09

nose cowl

I think triumph need sell this with the cowl as standard fitment because without it the bike looks unfinished and frankly, horrible. A new bike should at least look great as standard, not unfinished..

Reply to this Topic
bvivers

Aug 02

bvivers says:

Dame Edna

LOL @ jonnyconcrete.  Now I'll certainly NEVER consider buying the new S3!!  Now I'll always think of Dame Edna whenever I see one!

Reply to this Topic
DukeFirenze

Oct 10

DukeFirenze says:

Gutted

Was mulling over its about time to swop the crotch rockets for a more useable naked sports bike, i like european and this was to be high on the list... now this is a butt ugly bike!! what the hell have Trump done?!?!?!??!

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

it just like they switched testosterone for estrogen. What used to be a very manly bike, now looks more feminine in a Gladius kind of way, and that not good. The windscreen definetly shouldnt be optional, should come stock, its the only way of helping us forget about the ackward headlights.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

johnnyconcrete and Speedo007 have nailed it. The Speed Edna for the estrogen set.

It's the two wheeled equivalent of those hipster jeans where everyone can see what colour pants you are wearing. Tasteless and offensive.

Those lights look like someone has stuck a bra over the front end and whoever thought those extended rad cowl type things were a good idea beggars belief.

I can see why Triumph have funked up the Speedy (just checking my spelling - yep that's fine). Triumph need some young blood to carry the marque through the next decade so by making it a bit more modern ensures a future not a past but I hate it. I will be hanging onto my old 05 model for as long as possible now. Even the possibility of a 1200 holds no appeal knowing it will look this ugly.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

And from the side that tank looks like a marshmellow lol! seriously the previous model looked like batman would have one, this one would fit more to Mr. Michelin's silhouette. That said Im sure it will handle like theres no tomorrow, sound like pure sex, and be a ton of fun, but no way on earth would I put my money on that. Let's hope the Tiger 800 don't end up dissapointing in their final versions, cause thats where my money will go if they got it right.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices