Skip to content

Discuss This Cologne Bike Show: 2011 Triumph Speed Triple video New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Cologne Bike Show: 2011 Triumph Speed Triple video

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Cologne Bike Show: 2011 Triumph Speed Triple video

Triumph has officially pulled the wraps off the 2011 Speed Triple at the Intermot show in Cologne today and MCN was there to film it. Read more about the bike in the speed triple launch centre The bike is set to be the most exciting yet, with more power, less weight and a more nimble feel, mimicking the 675cc Street Triple. http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid771491905http://www.brightcove.com/channel.jsp?channel=711881422     ...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (05 October 2010 14:44)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
GilR

Nov 09

GilR says:

My eyes! It burns!!

I know the new headlights drag a lot of attention, truly killing the identity of the speed triple. However I'm surprised no one noticed the tank! What is that Japanese styled horror?! Triumph are bad comedians, come back in a couple of month with something else. If we can get a plus from this, is that the 2010 model will be cheaper, yay!

Reply to this Topic
technome

May 09

technome says:

What a bunch of miserable wakners...

You lot have no sense of style! I look forward to seeing this "in the metal", so to speak but from what I can see in this video, Triumph have moved the design on without sacrificing what has made the Speed Triple one of the great bikes of this century! If the handling's as promised and there's a bit more grunt it'll be another winner.

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

First impression.........er........the headlights!!!! They need to be simpler,to many angles,do not suit the style of bike.A screen does make an improvement though.I don't think it would put me off if i was in the market for a bike of this type and of course their are all sorts of weird headlight arrangements out there.I would have a test ride,i bet the sceptics will be easily won over. 

Reply to this Topic
slimshany

Jul 09

slimshany says:

2011 speed triple

looks like those rear indicaters are going too get rather warm...

Reply to this Topic
Donnythebull

Oct 10

Donnythebull says:

Those lights look mean...I think the old front end was way outdated - this is a real improvement!! All it needs is a flyscreen, belly pan, and undertray.... It will look awsome!!

Reply to this Topic
Juicerock718

Oct 10

Juicerock718 says:

Huge Disappointment!

Thought Triumph was going to pull a mean with the speed triple but looking at it just makes me puke. I knew it needed a makeover but this just looks just plain weird. I guess this is what happens when a good CEO leaves a company, a complete mess!

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

I really like it, and agree you have to wait till you see it in the flesh, i cant wait to see one with some nice arrow cans on, tail tidy and some carbon goodies......lovely

Reply to this Topic
jonnyconcrete

Oct 05

dont like this at all

i was hoping for a meaner look
i was in the market for a new naked bike too but this wont be it

Reply to this Topic
mattrawr

Jan 10

mattrawr says:

Not sure about the looks....headlights look like the eyes of an alien. Prefer the Street Triple

Reply to this Topic
marty1035

Aug 07

marty1035 says:

Blown It

What a huge let-down. All they needed to do was freshen it up, get some small projector beam lights on, reduce weight and increase power slightly. Instead we get a bike that may be lighter but actually looks like bloated, with hideous lights.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices