Skip to content

Discuss This Haslam my new BMW called me a 'TW*T' World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Haslam my new BMW called me a 'TW*T'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Haslam my new BMW called me a 'TW*T'

New BMW WSB signing Leon Haslam was shocked by the message his bike displayed during the first day of testing onboard his new BMW S1000RR. Talking to MCN at Magny Cours, Haslam said: “On my first lap of the day all the lights on the dash were flashing and the message on the dash was TWAT 2LOW. I was laughing as...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (05 October 2010 18:13)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
IMB76

Oct 10

IMB76 says:

Are talking about the same bloke

Did you not watch WSB last year or BSB for the last few years he is as good as anybody on his day and he is a top bloke met him doing promo stuff a few years back he's very down to earth and approachable. 

Reply to this Topic
ricardosanchez

Feb 10

Unless there's another Leon Haslam...

... then yes we are.

'The Pocket Rocket' has had so many chances at world level and failed to make the grade. Fact.

If it were not for that surname and his dad behind the scenes - no doubt adding his 'influence' - then he would have disappeared without a ride a long time ago.

If he were Italian or Spanish then he wouldn't have got as many chances either - with their riders they go hard and make a mark ASAP, or they go home - and support moves onto other riders that may be able to do it instead.

Leon Haslam has been in top flight racing (either British or World level) for 10 years and not delivered. Toseland, Hodgson and Fogarty all had serious amounts of significant silverware on their manlte pieces long before they hit the 10 year point.

Our best riders are Leon Camier and Cal Crutchlow - those guys I do have time for because they give it their all AND they have the talent to deliver... Mr Pocket Rocket I'm afraid has neither... The support and good rides Leon gets can be most certainly better directed to more deserving British riders.

Ask yourself this: If Leon Haslam were a footballer - where would he now be playing after 10 years of opportunities to deliver going by the wayside? Hmm....

Reply to this Topic
IMB76

Oct 10

IMB76 says:

We are all entitled to our opinion

I don't think we are going to agree on this one. I'm also a fan of  Toseland who you mentioned he has done some good things over the years but since going to GP things have gone all wrong (I do hope things improve for him this year) so I would argue at this moment in time Haslam comes out on top he did finish 2nd this year against Max which is not bad considering his past form. But as I said at the beginning I think we have different views on this good luck to you and was good to have this debate with you.        

Reply to this Topic
ricardosanchez

Feb 10

Well said IMB76...

There's nothing wrong with an exchange of views - I'm sure there are many things we will agree on...

I just don't like Leon Haslam because he supports Manchester United and my shade of red is that of Liverpool! ;-) LoL

Reply to this Topic
IMB76

Oct 10

IMB76 says:

Thnaks Mate

I now were your coming from Father-in-Law Manchester United Brother Liverpool many a debate shared by them some not so polite not a football fan myself just bike racing for me.  

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices