Skip to content

Discuss This Cologne Bike Show: New Ducati 1198SP, updated Streetfighter and Monster series unveiled New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Cologne Bike Show: New Ducati 1198SP, updated Streetfighter and Monster series unveiled

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Dan Aspel  says:

Cologne Bike Show: New Ducati 1198SP, updated Streetfighter and Monster series unveiled

Ducati has revealed its new 1198SP (Sport Production) superbike at the Cologne show. The 2011 model is a step above the old 1198S by featuring top of the range Ohlins TTX rear shock and a new-to-Ducati quick-shifter (DQS). The bike also has an aluminium fuel tank, slipper clutch, traction control (DCT) and Ducati’s own data-log system (DDA). As per the 1198S, the bike...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (06 October 2010 10:01)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Desmolove

Aug 09

Desmolove says:

CF body parts

"As per the 1198S, the bike comes with Ohlins front forks, carbon-fibre body parts and lightweight Marchesini wheels". Do your homework mate; 1198S has no CF parts on it at all whatsoever!

Reply to this Topic
kpandinu

May 09

kpandinu says:

Desmolove

Hi Mate

It does not have much CF but it has a carbon fiber front mudguard. Not much but it has CF.

Reply to this Topic
bullpizzle

Nov 09

bullpizzle says:

Desmolove is blind

No CF parts at all, hmmm, so what is the front mudguard made of. And some countries as well as UK dealers put the CF hugger on as standard. You learn as you grow - most learn to keep mouth shut more often.

Reply to this Topic
MCN LiamM

Jul 08

MCN LiamM says:

1198S quibble

No need to do homework, I said body parts because it has a carbon-fibre front mudguard and, as has been said by another member, the bike was sold with the accessory carbon-fibre rear hugger. If I have made the mistake of confusing the issue, then it is a genuine mistake and nothing more. Please don't think I know nothing - because I do.

Regards with slight apology

Trevor Franklin

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

DUC 1198SP 848 EVO ARCTIC

Yes,we all know Ducatis' superbike by now but  there signs of change looming with the rumoured birth of a NEW superbike(V4?) next year to replace the old king(just look at WSB,Ducati having withdrawn factory bikes).

Like the deep red colour,not sure of the EVO848 arctic white with red frame/wheels,looking like someone has had a respray done of they're own choice to make the bike look different.

OH WELL! No doubt they'll sell with or without dodgy colour schemes(EVO) or lack of carbon(11098SP).

I wonder though if Ducati are just playing for time until next year,squeezing as much outta this design as possible?

Still a beautiful bike though!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices