Skip to content

Discuss This Laverty stuns WSB paddock at Magny Cours test World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Laverty stuns WSB paddock at Magny Cours test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Laverty stuns WSB paddock at Magny Cours test

Eugene Laverty has admitted he is as surprised as anybody after topping the time sheets at the end of his first ever WSB test at Magny Cours. Riding the Sterilgarda Yamaha R1, Laverty posted an impressive 1.38.8s best using a qualifying tyre but was also one of the pace setters on race rubber. Speaking to MCN from Magny Cours, he said:...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (06 October 2010 20:40)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Richard me old china

I've come to respect your opinion ,and humour, over the last year. However after your giddy pre season europhoria regarding the 2010 moto2 class you seem to have reverted to British morose type.

Snap out of it! Britain has real stars in WSBK. I genuinely believe barring bad luck one of either Rea or Haslam will win the2011 title. Crutchlow will knock at the Aliens door somewhat by the end of 2011 and perhaps Laverty might surprise us all?

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Nostro

I do hope so Nostro . I am heartily fed up of nearly , thats all . So i console myself with trying to be dour haha . All the mentioned are fine motorcycle racers , the difference between nearly and really is a small one so far as i can see . I also console myself by trying never to say "I told you so" . Moto2 ; what a let down but what great races, its a paradox the racing is top notch the riders and bikes seem to be lacking in character , the bikes seem indistinguishable the riders seem incognito , if it wasnt for Elias being the name he is I doubt anyone would take any notice . Scott Redding the youngest winner of a GP swallowed up in a sea of drab bikes in drab teams with drab coverage from the press . But apart from that its all rosey ;o)

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

Haslam

Haslam on a 2010 BMW goes quicker than Corser on 2011!! Awesome!!!

Got to be a Brit World champ next year!

Reply to this Topic
Mikeyy

Oct 10

Mikeyy says:

Laverty + Yamaha wsbk = :)

Laverty is a real talented rider and i wish him all the luck he's well within a chance of claiming some race wins next year plus Marco Melandri should settle in nicely and show some very strong results if he can get the bike feeling right as he been on the gp for a long time now and i dont know whether he will be good to start with fingers crossed

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

My prediction

Melandri nowhere

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Malandri

Richard; he won't be no where, but he won't challenge for the title. Should be within the top 5.

Reply to this Topic
mickdel

May 03

mickdel says:

Great to see Laverty get up to speed so soon.   I think he'll trounce melandri, as mel can't set up a bike week in week out,  although when he's on song, he's u beatable... He  reminds me of stuart easton in bsb.  Come on Eugene !!!!!!

Also, great to see Leon trounce Corser.   Imho, although Corser is a supremely taltnted rider.  living in Monaco driving Lamborghinis,   he no longer has the hunger to winor  push the bikes to their outer envelopes..    It was embarassing watching him when on the R1s and Nori Haga riding out of his skin against Bayliss.   As for the british/irish thing.  My own take on that is that for iirsh catholics - that ulster flag, which was hijacked  by the loyalist deathsquads in the 70s,,    and is not the official northern ireland flag, was the reason for that.  A s a catholic, there was no way he could ever have that hovering above him.    And nor would I,    so fair play to him..      But he was free to do that because he wasn't tied to an NI  team, unlike his brother,  who has to suck it up.

Still,  it will be nice if Eugene does well in WSB...  He has a beautiful race craft, and if he is  doing so well do soon,  that can only auger well for next season.

Reply to this Topic
airbornetrooper

Jan 10

fuck me

looks like this page is now a political tool to express ones greviences over british rule in NI.  Laverty would be riding under the flag of the union like Rea not the ulster flag.  Don't get your point...there are many catholics in  NI who hold a united kingdom passport me included, before moving over to the states, note:  not all catholics are on-board with a united ireland so don't generalise and speak for my family and the rest of us who are happy with our lot...cheers big ears.

Oh and i wish Euge, Leon and all the BRITS well in WSBK next season...see you at Miller.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

ooooohhhh look

.........the toseland supporters must be crying in their mummy`s milk......another good rider gets on the bike bike to show him how to ride it!!!!!...........i can already see the excuses again next year when he does nothing on the beemer.........ooohhh let me think he`s not getting full bmw support,his thumb has fell off it`s his crews fault,the wind was blowing in the wrong direction and he hadn`t had a shit before he went out

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

the irish thing

it`s all religious bollox........if there was no religion there would be hardly any wars......what does it matter where your from......at the end of the day worship who you like but you`ll still end up dead and there is no proof whatsoever of god at all,absolutely nothing......it`s all in the minds of weak people who can`t accept there is nothing else and the church prays on it like bloodsuckers.........the church exists for gaymen (who like little boys)to hide in and give them easy access (and protect them)to children so they can abuse them from a position of trust.....that is fact.......it also exists to buy as much land as possible and influence the community for it`s own ends to generate more income to buy more land......if you go to church that`s what your buying into and don`t leave your kids alone........good luck to the weak

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle