Skip to content

Discuss This Sepang MotoGP: Valentino Rossi shocked at Jorge Lorenzo complaints MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sepang MotoGP: Valentino Rossi shocked at Jorge Lorenzo complaints

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sepang MotoGP: Valentino Rossi shocked at Jorge Lorenzo complaints

Valentino Rossi has told MCN that he was shocked at Jorge Lorenzo’s criticism about his aggressive overtakes after their enthralling podium fight at the Twin Ring Motegi last weekend. Rossi came in for scathing criticism from the Spaniard after he claimed third position in a stunning finale to the Japanese Grand Prix. Lorenzo felt Rossi’s overtakes were close to being dangerous and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (07 October 2010 16:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

marchwitty

True, bit unfair to single out the brits. I was at Misano in 2008 when stoner lost the front (again!) whilst VR was whittling away at his 1 sec lead. I couldn't believe all the Italian fans started jumping out of their seats cheering. I mean, wtf, you could have watched a close battle for the lead. Instead of yet another moto gp time trial. Without the scenery.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Praise for Rossi

I have been watching and enjoying a wide variety of bike racing from the 70’s to present day but I have to say in recent years of Motogp and with many (not all) of the current crop of riders there seems a real reluctance to actually race!
Stoner, Pedrosa, Lorenzo and the like are undoubtedly super fast and incredibly talented guys but there all have a nasty habit of moaning as soon as anyone gets close to them. Their idea of a perfect race is a procession with a 5 second buffer to the next guy. Sorry but that is not racing and it is because of this habit that the sport has sadly become pretty boring to watch. Yes it’s a dangerous sport but they all know that when take part in racing.
Rossi is an out and out racer on the track. He gets involved and is brave enough and actually enjoys a proper race tussle with the rival closest to him – he always has. Rossi is one of the few still racing who used to ride the fierce vicious beasts of the past long before fuel restriction, traction control, backing off the power, reduced practice times and all else that seems destined to dwindle away at the sport. He is the GOAT and sadly for the sport he is the one rider standing head and shoulders still who brings fun, personality and laughs to the sport in a way none of the current crop seem able to do. No one else seems to be able to get involved with media in the same way as Vale and worryingly the media therefore do not bother getting involved with many of the other rider.
While there are many Rossi haters entitled to their opinion, I am here to offer some defence. He was an awesome racer in the lower classes and earned the right to go premier racing with Honda. He then took the brave step and walked away from Honda at a time when he didn’t need to with the best bike. He opted for (the very slow) Yamaha with Jerry Burgess and has turned that into the best all round bike to be riding in Motogp. Obviously Lorenzo benefited greatly from going to that bike. VR has always been fair giving credit and great praise to JB for the effort he brings to the partnership. His hilarious antics after winning races have entertained the circuit crowds and TV for years because it was original (now copied by Lorenzo). Long after most riders had there own website, Rossi was one of the very last ones to bother…and he isn’t one of the guys with a board on the grid before a race trying to get followers on twitter. So perhaps not the publicity seeker some may think. He’s a tru bike legend and a bike fan too. He was the biggest name to go the IOM TT and ride a lap to support the event (yes copied by Lorenzo a year later). And he is one rider who does not complain about racing incidents. He may well be a favourite of organisers but is there really any wonder? What he brings to the sport is massive, it may be effortless on his part but the sport is worse of when he isn’t there, we all saw that earlier this season.
Motogp needs personalities and fun, it also needs close racing, it is supposed to be the best riders in the world on the fastest bikes in the world in theory it should be far more exciting to watch than it has been lately! Rossi won’t be in the sport for too many more seasons for those who aren’t fans but I truly hope some of the current crop get their finger out and make more of an effort for the sake of the sport after Vale.

Reply to this Topic
Rumple

Sep 09

Rumple says:

BBQdog

..or maybe knitting.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Racingfan99

Nice post fella, completely agree with you with respect to the 'publicity stuns' aspect to the current top two Yamaha riders - there are leaders and there are followers...

Lets hope Lorenzo doesnt switch to Ducati in 2012 to emulate his hero Vale lol

Reply to this Topic
GHolmes81

Sep 08

GHolmes81 says:

lorenzo

Like the way people say that Lorenzo is moaning and that he should get on with it...Does that go for Rossi when he moans about his shoulder all year and the fact he told yamaha if they dont let him ride for ducati the he`ll go for the op and sack them off...

Now where did i put them rose tinted glasses

Reply to this Topic
Popski

Feb 09

Popski says:

I cant recall Rossi  ever bitchin' because he'd been out-ridden by the better man on the day, not that there were many days like that. If Lorenzo doesn't like coming up against other riders that also want to win I suggest he takes up knitting or4 something else equally as thrilling.

Reply to this Topic
jg13

Jan 06

jg13 says:

rossi vs lorenzo

so lorenzo throws his toys out of the pram boo hoo jorge its racing live with it or get the hell out and take up golf

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Get used to it Jorge...

... summit tells me with Rossi moving to the beast of a Ducati.. he's gonna be wrestling it all over the shop... and I'm hoping we'll get more of the same next season, trading red and blue paint!!

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

2010 - Lorenzo 1 Rossi 0

Lorenzo is a moaner,Lorenzo is a T*£t,Lorenzo,Lorenzo.Well I suppose its a change from Casey this & Casey that.All this name calling is bloody childish,grow up ! Jeorge said what he said,if you dont like it then fine,your entitled to your opinion just like myself but dont post childish coments about dummys etc please.

As for the above article,true to form Rossi mind games.Go play chess some body posted ! Rossi is always playing chess,on & off the race track.He has done every thing he can to undermine Jeorge & then plays inocent,you may not see it or may not want to,but I see it as do others,plain as day.Carry on Rossi,carry on,not everybody is so gulible,the army of Lorenzo fans will rise,you can count on that.

If you ( Rossi ) can beat Jeorge fair & square next year then fair play to you,you will become even more of a legend & respect to you where its due.Keep the mind games for next year,Jeorge has beaten you fair & square this year,dont ruin the rest of his & yamahas championship.

Racing fan 99 - Very good post,I do agree with you that Jeorge has coopied Rossi very much so,you now what they say about copying being the biggest form of flattery.I think Jeorge used to admire Rossi & hoped to aspire to become him,but that may have changed.I disagree with you however on a few points though, which is Jeorges reluctancy to race,Jeorge does a lot of overtaking in the first couple of laps & has shown himself not to be afraid of a good scrap in lots of races.Also about some of the moaning.Keep up the good posts,I may not always agree with you but your post was good.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

ROSSI 1 - LORENZO 0!!!

Lorenzo99, what planet are you on? Not too sure what you were talking about because not much of it made any sense. Also who's Jeorge? I wouldn't say that I've been a huge Rossi fan the last few years but give the guy his due, he dug deep, very deep and won the battle with Lorenzo, Jorge!! not Jeorge! He earned a lot of respect  with what he did, in my opinion. As the admission ticket says, "Motor sport is dangerous" Rossi was there to win, the same as Lorenzo. Unfortunately for Lorenzo, Rossi, now that he is back to semi fitness, got the better of him, end of story. It's maybe a tough pill to swallow for Lorenzo but that's what happened. Rossi showed once again why he is a winner and a multi world champion. Lorenzo will win the championship this year but the big test is if he is able to repeat it. My money's on Rossi and Ducati for next year. Judging by his determination at Motegi it's going to be difficult for anyone to stop him and now that Stoner has deserted Ducati I for one will be rooting for Rossi!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices