Skip to content

Discuss This Sepang MotoGP: Valentino Rossi ecstatic after thrilling win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sepang MotoGP: Valentino Rossi ecstatic after thrilling win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sepang MotoGP: Valentino Rossi ecstatic after thrilling win

Valentino Rossi’s Sepang MotoGP victory will live long in the memory after the Italian fought his way through from 11th to take his 46th win for Yamaha. The Italian produced one of the finest displays of his distinguished career, recovering from a dire start to overhaul early leaders Jorge Lorenzo and Andrea Dovizioso by the halfway stage. The Fiat Yamaha rider, who...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (11 October 2010 13:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mrmoses

Jan 08

mrmoses says:

Richard 1967

Your a tosser mate and your right, I didn't have to think about it. Watching the riders celebrate after a win is fun and entertaining. Smile and the world smiles with you, lighten up you dour B******D :)

Reply to this Topic
greenhat

Jan 09

greenhat says:

rossi

For Rossi to celebrate his 46th win whilst Lorenzo was taking the world title stunk of bad sportsmanship. He's a good egg as long as he's the champ, but deep inside the pain of losing is almost visible behind the smiley mask.

Lorenzo would have won this year irrespective of any other occurences.....roll on 2011!

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

He's just a kid

If Lorenzo's brain can't think of other ways of celebrating a win other than copying Rossi, how's he going to develop a bike? + Remember Rossi developed that bike, Lorenzo just turned up and rode it. Hence Rossi getting annoyed and saying that in public. If that wall stays up in the garage where's that bikes development going to go. Spies will be brand new to the team and Lorenzo will be playing with his toys.

Reply to this Topic
cossie748

Dec 07

cossie748 says:

Why shouldn't rossi celebrate his 46th win? At least he made time to shake hands with his opponents and didn't feel the need to run off of the podium to celebrate on his own.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

celebrations!

well said cossie748.
greenhat what did you want him to do?
maybe leave the race win till the next time?
Did he interfere with Lorenzo?
Lets concentrate on these highly skilled riders races and let them celebrate any way they want.They have the right!
If you dont like them richard1967 just turn off after race...simple really!

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Tune in Turn off and cop out

I do turn it off when the last riders passed the finishing line but by then its too late , Lorenzos already wearing a Rossi mask and pretending to shag a donkey , actually that would be funny but putting golfballs into holes and plating flags etc IMO - i dont say you should share it - is naff contrived and annoying.

Reply to this Topic
wpotter

Mar 06

wpotter says:

Celebrate good times, come on....

I actually thought that Rossi should have had his own post race win celebration!!

Reply to this Topic
jasonoliver1

Jun 10

jasonoliver1 says:

ROSSI IS MOTO GP

I KNOW EVERYBODY LIKES DIFFERANT RIDERS , BUT WHEN THIS GUY IS AWAY THE RACES ARE DULL, HE MAKES PEOPLE THAT DONT EVEN LIKE BIKES WATCH , THE THING IS THE GUY CAN AND DOES AMAZING THINGS ON A BIKE, BUT EVERYONE TAKES IT FOR GRANTED  . WHEN THIS CHAP RETIRES I THINK THE TV FIGURES WILL DROP THROUGH THE FLOOR .

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Rossi

Rossi is a great rider maybe the best to ever swing a leg over a modern bike , but MotoGP is still boring when he is there , although he does his best to liven it up a bit . As i see it we as a whole (the spectators and fans) are used to the dull races we seem to get now and every tiny bit of excitement ;i.e Rossi attacking Lorenzo and Stoner at Laguna last year is hailed as the most exciting race ever , when if you go back 20 years or so it would be just what used to happen week in week out . We demand nothing from the manufacturers they dont deliver sport , they deliver adverts and personality

Reply to this Topic
maazzz1

Aug 10

maazzz1 says:

Sponsors not manufacturers

I am not so sure that we demand nothing form manufacturers, they build motorbikes and that they do and do it well... I don't see the issue as the manufacturers but the fact that the sport has been hijacked more and more by corporate sponsors due to the escalating costs of racing and winning and how that then translates to bike sales for manufacturers and exposure for their partner sponsor brands in return for the millions that they pour in. It is only going to get worse if they do not reduce the cost of racing or put some limits around the cost which they tried to do but wasn’t that effective. Look at Moto2 (not withstanding whether I like the idea of one engine provider, etc). I think it works well as a category because it is cheaper than the old 250's, there are over 40 on the grid (most probably too many for safety reasons) and the racing generally is a hoot. The bikes are close, but are not the same and the budgets vary from team to team which has an impact as well but still there are no huge sponsor pressures on teams and riders. In fact there are bigger name sponsors in 125. But that will change soon because the spectacle it provides will attract them next year and that too will start becoming a shit fight.

Sponsors for me have too much of a say, they are gauged about new team rider prospects and have a fair whack in the final rider make up decisions. A rider just being fast isn’t enough anymore. They need to have a profile, be marketable. Now there is a sameness about the riders, apart from one real stand out. They all roll out the standard lines at the end of the race. They are groomed, manicured and media trained to the hilt. It is a double edged sword though, because without them we certainly wouldn’t have the races beamed in to our living rooms or the circus around it which gives us the spectators greater access (less at the track though).

The only way I could see things being reined in is keeping the prototype format but reducing and capping overall team and development budgets. That would iron things out a little and lessen sponsor impact on the playing field, probably get more bikes on the Gp grid and even the racing out a little more.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices