Skip to content

Ask an Expert Car & Bike insurance question Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > Car & Bike insurance question

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

BadD0g

Aug 08

BadD0g says:

Car & Bike insurance question

Dudes,

Just wondering if anyone has their bike and car insured under the one policy with anyone?  I'm thinking of buying a car (just the bike at the moment) and was wondering if this gave you any significant discount...

Any recommendations/horror stories?

Cheers!
Adam.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (11 October 2010 15:32)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
flookyk

Oct 10

flookyk says:

I hope there is some

All the ones I have asked have told me their multivehicle policies are for car/car or bike/bike not mixed.

If anyone finds a company that does the mix then I am sure there are quite a few of us that would be interested. 

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

car/bike ins

carole nash told me years ago that they were going to introduce this,heard nothing since.

Reply to this Topic
BadD0g

Aug 08

BadD0g says:

Ballix!

Cheers dudes, 

Yea, had a good hunt round - doesn't look like it exists.  Prob cuz more money can be made from making you get two separate policies!

Thanks anyway :)

Reply to this Topic
benmc

Feb 09

benmc says:

6 Wheels

Carole Nash do have a bike & car policy - "Six Wheel insurance" is how they term it.

I had a quote earlier in the year, bike ins was fine but the car part was about £200 quid more than my current insurer

6 Wheels

Reply to this Topic
flookyk

Oct 10

flookyk says:

Profits

Yeap, looks like it is due to insurance companies profits.

When you think about it, if you are the only driver of your car and bike then a dual policy covering both should be a lot cheaper than having two seperate policies.

When you are driving the car, the only parts applicable for the bike is fire, theft vandalism and damage by storm, etc and the same would apply the other way around as you cannot be driving and riding both vehicles at the same time.

Reply to this Topic
motoguzzibob

Mar 13

motoguzzibob says:

6 wheel insurance

Just to bring this post up to date (March 2013) - I have always wanted a joint policy thinking it would be cheaper as I am the only rider of my bike and driver of my car - so I can't use both at the same time. I only know of Carole Nash doing this and rang them for a quote. The quote was more for the car and I can insure the bike cheaper elsewhere. I am 65 year old male with full no claims/ no convictions and even so it would have been about £150 more :huh: (Almost as much as the Harley costs by itself!)

Reply to this Topic
Max900

Nov 11

Max900 says:

cheaper for me

im aware the original post is a few years old now
but i use carol nash's 6 wheel policy and cant find anybody to beat them
for a 17 year old bike and 10 year old car with 9+years NCB on both it £420 fully comp and this includeds full UK and European breakdown cover

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Just left

Carole Nash after several years on a six wheel policy as it was waaaayyy more expensive than separate policies including breakdown cover etc!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices