Skip to content

Ask an Expert cbt!! Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > cbt!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

sandib76

Oct 10

sandib76 says:

cbt!!

had my cbt today after having an hrs get on about 4 wks ago. . today i struggled with starting and stopping. then crashed 2x in the yard.  mostly i think down to panic and what seemed like a short yard!!! think i may have dumped the clutch and pulled too hard on throttle then panicked.

been invited to do a pre cbt prior to next attempt at cbt.

today i was with  a vespa rider and a twist and go so instructor sent me home as couldnt spend time with me when they were more experienced. 

any suggestions??? scared i gonna make same mistakes again!!!! :upset:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (12 October 2010 17:59)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
davidstowe358

Jun 08

cbt

Hello mate i'm really sorry to hear this I dont think he should have sent you home thats not helping you is it.

Just go for it again things will only get better dont let anyone put you off.

just be relaxed and think about what your doing and look where you want to go.

good luck dave.

Reply to this Topic
sandib76

Oct 10

sandib76 says:

cbt

instructor said he didnt like to send people home but they had  experience of riding and they were sat watching me crash and he wanted to get on with them.

supposed to be doing pre cbt on fri. Boyf stood with me with his sv 650 this aft finding biting point in drive but was shaking like a leaf. !!!! prob out of fear of doing same but into his garage on 1 of his baby's. lol :doubt:

Reply to this Topic
phowarth18

Sep 09

phowarth18 says:

CBT

Is there another local training centre that you could try, and explain what has happened. They may be able to give you a one to one session.

I would suggest that you relax and enjoy the session, I know it's easier said than done, but if your relaxed it easier.

Reply to this Topic
flookyk

Oct 10

flookyk says:

One to One

Either try and choose a date when the instructor can spend time one to one with you or a Training School that has a "helper" with the Instructor so he can spend time with you while the instructor spends time between you and others.

My wife passed her CBT after having two or three goes and dropping the bike, in the end going for the Scooter option to do it as it meant she was having less to concentrate on while steering and balance.

She rode a bike a long time ago but cannot get the hang of clutch and gears as well as balance now, it may be worth a try this way for a session before trying a geared bike again.

Good luck and perservere, it will come.

Reply to this Topic
sandib76

Oct 10

sandib76 says:

cbt

Have booked a pre cbt course for fri. After detailed analysis of incidents with uncle(retired instructor) we have concluded that i did the ultimate sin and jammed on the front brake!!!! hence the fact the bars jarred my arms to the left and landed the bike on left leg!!!! dozy bint or what!!!!! 

fingers crossed for fri.:unsure:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kiltmaker

Jul 10

kiltmaker says:

CBT

Hi you've made a wise choice now doing the pre cbt course. As a newly qualified instructor at a school in scotland we offer every student a 2 hour off road lesson before cbt to establish control and get confidence.

Good luck!

Reply to this Topic
Biketester

Apr 10

Biketester says:

CBT

sandib76 - sounds as if you should go an find another school that will teach you to ride and not crash! A good instructor will make all the difference and wont be rushing you or trying to move things on because others learn more quickly!!

Reply to this Topic
sandib76

Oct 10

sandib76 says:

cbt update

had a lesson on fri with a brill instructor at same school. told me all my mistakes and started from scratch. only thing holding me back on fri was over analysing and nerves. spent 50 mins over analysing and last 10 ins thought stuff it i can do this. and did... no probs. managed to ride in straight line a few time.

back on tues for a bit more. hopefully will crack yard stuff ... have seen my cbf 125 in black. hot mama!!!

Reply to this Topic
sandib76

Oct 10

sandib76 says:

cracked it!!!

thanks to all who offered advice and support. I cracked my cbt last weds and had my brand new cbf 125 delivered on thurs. How sexy is it!!! Just waitin for kids to go back to school a reasonable day then can rack off on own!!! woop woop. 

Reply to this Topic
LEO61

Aug 08

LEO61 says:

CBT at last !!

Well done for sticking with it !! You will be a better rider for it !! :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle