Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo a worthy champion, says Nicky Hayden MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo a worthy champion, says Nicky Hayden

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo a worthy champion, says Nicky Hayden

American Nicky Hayden believes Jorge Lorenzo thoroughly deserved his first MotoGP world title success in 2010. The Spaniard has had to contend with accusations that his title success is a hollow victory because of injuries to Fiat Yamaha team-mate Valentino Rossi and compatriot Dani Pedrosa. Rossi missed four races with a broken right leg at the crucial mid-season phase while the best...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (13 October 2010 11:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RoGuE26

Apr 06

RoGuE26 says:

well said  hayden :) :)    a true worthy champ  or x champ should i say ..   but in the end  he won it just like Jorge Lorenzo  did  being   mr consistent  & betting rossi @ the same time  

though i am a  Rossi fan i always like to see a good race like it was in motegi 

& as for the poeple that thick rossi is not as good as every 1 thinks well take this  125  he was on the best bike  aprillia  won the chapionchip  same in 250cc gp racing  won again  oh & then when to honda  won again 500cc  bike & then again on the 990cc  4stroke bikes  oh  & after  aload of poeple saying  he could not ein on anything else went to yamaha which the old m1 was a dog to ride  look @ the other  riders  that rider to win on it   max biaggi  1 win  no 1 else even got close till rossi got there  & the frist yr on the yam well what a suprize he when the champion again  .. 

for that poepl that don't know what there talking about  don't even post on here lol   i find it well funny aswell  poeple slating the rider in motogp  when u can ride as fast as them or ever half as fast as them  then stat calling them stuff lol

Reply to this Topic
mashedguy

Jun 08

mashedguy says:

i'm a fan of rossi, but am failing to see the relevance in lorenzo didn't develop the bike and similar comments.  they were both on the same bikes, which in my book means its a level playing field and the winner will be the one who rode best on the day.   lorenzo simply had a better year, he rode the bike more consistently, didn't bin it, and hasn't injured himself arsing around on off roaders!   Several of the top riders have openly said they binned due to mistakes, so saying lorenzo wouldn't have won if the others wern't injured is about as intelligent as saying he wouldn't have won if the other riders had rode faster than him.  On a personality level, can't say i'm fond of lorenzo as i feel he often presents himself as a spoilt arrogant tosser, but as a rider he's achieved his first, well deserved championship by being the best this year, well done to him!!!

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

hey rawdog

rossi did drag it to the front and lorenzo has reaped the rewards fact......yes he is fast and no i`m not a rossi mad fan,i just want good close racing...i made it quite clear that i will have more respect for him when he`s done it off his own back and not rode on the back of someone else`s development ability

Reply to this Topic
Fastonce

Jan 10

Fastonce says:

mashedguy

couldn't have put it better if I'd tried!

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

ISROSSIGAY

I`m entitled to my opinion mate and not once during the 06 season did Hayden beat Rossi in a race ,Oh and tour user name shows yer ignorance twat !

Reply to this Topic
gsfan

Feb 06

gsfan says:

The bike is a Yamaha not a Rossi. Along with Rossi's feedback and Lorenzo's feedback for the last 2 years Yamaha have invested and produced a fantastic motorcycle. Lorenzo rode it to perfection all year. Last race Rossi rode it to perfection. Rossi caused his own unfortunate ailments, one off track and one on track. Neither of the two is Lorenzo's problem.

I can only feel for the team members of Lorenzo's squad. This year he clearly met every match that rose to challenge and his team took his communicated needs and adjusted the bike to suit perfectly again and again under unbelievable pressure and time constraints. The technical excellence they displayed was phenominal. Yet they are slighted in a very disrespectful way by some. They are dedicated profession respectable people who's problem solving skills are masterful. They have done the job better than everyone. To degrade their input and success is beyond insulting. It is a team effort and to insinuate that they got lucky or won by default is beyond shameful and it brings disrespect to the sport.

Stoner has had to suffer the same abuse from the same camp for the same reason. The sport suffers because of this. So do I.

Reply to this Topic
jonmx

Apr 09

jonmx says:

Superbol....

.... if you`re going to call someone an `ignorant twat` you mght want to get your own facts right! Hayden beat Rossi at (are you ready?) Jerez,Istanbul,Shanghai,Le Mans,Assen,Laguna Seca and Valencia in 2006!! So yeah, not once - 7 times.

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

yes he finished a head of rossi 7 times, but he never beat him in a head to head fight for the lead of any race

and some of those races rossi crashed out while leading well ahead were haydon was in the race

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

jonmx & superbol ...

You two are either both morons or on strong recreational drugs, or something ... You are both WRONG and should get your facts straight before abusing one another. In 2006 Hayden won the MotoGP Title by just 5 points from Rossi - 252 to 247. Hayden only won 2 x MotoGP's - Assen and Laguna Seca. Rossi won 6 but Hayden was very consistent with lots of 4ths and 5ths and podiums to keep his average up. Everyone thought after Pedrosa punted Hayden off at Estoril, Portugal for zero points, that Rossi was in the box seat. In the absolute last Race at Valencia, although Troy Bayliss exacted revenge on Ducati for firing him off the GP Team, no-one remembers his Win from start to finish because Rossi crashed but re-mounted to only finish 13th and gift the Title to Nicky Hayden.

Both of you need to go and take a cold shower. Go on, now abuse me for your collective wankery.

Reply to this Topic
badtoad71

May 09

badtoad71 says:

rawdawg

think you should get your facts right before having a pop at simoncbr90rr the last time yamaha won a moto gp title was 1992 with wayne rainey on a 500 2  stroke ! rossi joined yamaha in 2004 had 9 wins and won the title in the first year . 2003 the year before yamaha with checa and melandri had a crap season with no wins or no podiums fact !! from 1993 and 2003 suzuki and honda shared the spoils  

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices