Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi cleared for Ducati debut in Valencia MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi cleared for Ducati debut in Valencia

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi cleared for Ducati debut in Valencia

Valentino Rossi has confirmed today in Phillip Island that he will make his hugely anticipated Ducati debut in Valencia next month. Rossi told MCN that Yamaha boss Masao Furusawa had given him permission to test on November 9 and 10 following a conversation last night. Rossi had been sweating for weeks on whether Yamaha would give him an early release from his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (17 October 2010 09:45)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

I hope they get on. I like Hayden...

It would be cool if Hayden and Rossi got on. I think with Rossi having the massive ego and talent to back it up, Nicky could feel a little nervous but hey, he's been consistently in Stoners shadow so maybe, just maybe Rossi having the main input to the Dukes setup (if he shares data) it will bring Nicky on too. I don't doubt for a minute Rossi will be the top of the two but if Nicky can get closer to fighting for wins it would be great.

Nicky thoroughly deserved the Championship in '06 by the way before anyone says I'd hate Hayden for being better than Vale. Now that was a close season.

Reply to this Topic
Commando828

Feb 09

Commando828 says:

Doohan

Ref Acq's blog on Doohan on current Honda riders.

Doohan, whilst an excellent rider, is hardly noted for his balanced arguments. i.e. Unless someone is a hard nosed (multiple) world champ they are c##p. He hated Biaggi. Personality-wise he and Dani Pedrosa are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

I much prefer to listen to the likes of Spies, NO bull shit NO macho cr#p. He races with Pedrosa and has rated how DP has had to ride the less than developed Honda.

? Why was the 800 Duke so much more difficult to ride. Loris nearly won the 06 Championship, but was way behind Stoner in 07.    Narrow power band?

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

good old mick

what you have to realise is mick gave his all and he is the hardest bastard ever to throw a leg over a race bike,so that`s where he is coming from...he wants the honda`s riders to show the commitment he did...which is impossible as mick is a psycho

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

Interesting Times

Problem with Niky atm, is he doesn't have that killer knockout punch. I l;ike the guy, but if next season if he has a average season, he may be booted, but maybe Rossi will like someone who is less competitive. I personally think Hayden will be replaced by Simochelli, come end of Hayden era... Hope I am wrong, as I have always liked the guy, and after that Alberto Puig remark about Hayden coping data... well thats when I really though hayden was hard done by. Puig is gonna be a diffcult man for Stoner to deal with, even though it was he who gave him the number #27.

Reply to this Topic
mickdel

May 03

mickdel says:

Stoner et al

Wow,  there are so many comments here.       It's good to see Yam released him to test - at least we will get an idea of how he gets on with the Duke.

As for the other stuff,   Lorenzo undergoes psychogical counselling,  to make him fan friendly, and not come across as the egotistical,  narcissus that he is.    And Valentino has been employing psycholigical warfare on his competitors and team mates since he hit the top.       Stoner, on the other hand,   does none of these things.   He is a racer, pure and simple,   and has the talent to back it up.    How could only he tame the Duke when he had, on paper,  team mates that should have been able to keep with him?    His only downfall is being totally honest,  sans mind games,  and going racing.      I hope he is a success at Honda,   and gets to rub Lorenzo and Rossis' nose in the carpet.

Come on Casey !!!!!

mick

Reply to this Topic
RoGuE26

Apr 06

RoGuE26 says:

thats good news for rossi   let  see what happens  now like with him on a ducati ??? 

Reply to this Topic
kieranrb

Apr 10

kieranrb says:

suspicious...

Is it not a tad strange that when Rossi is about to decide if he wants to skip the end of the season, so he can have surgery, yamaha suddenly decide he can test the ducati at the end of the season. Perhaps rather cunningly they realise he wouldn't be able to do it if it he had the surgery...

Reply to this Topic
yammy7r

Apr 09

yammy7r says:

suspicious

Is it not a tad strange that  Rossi's shoulder made a miraculous recovery when he thought he was'nt going to be released

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

suspicious

Why there's no mention of stoners dislike of cheese now he's up front again..??

Why is lorenzo slower now than any other time this year...??...lack of input from the doc..

Why spies has been on fire this season....Been given full works support..?

Why rossi had a lull mid season....S**T on by yamaha...??

The world is full of conspiricies...

Reply to this Topic
aresole

Oct 10

aresole says:

Rossi has it sussed

Methinks Rossi told Yamaha if they didn't let him test the Ducati he'd miss the last races and get  his surgery - smaller crowds, no team prize etc etc

Me also thinks he let Hayden past and then retook him in exactly the same corner to:

1   Liven up a fairly boring race

2   Put Hayden on notice who the daddy is next year

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices