Skip to content

Discuss This MCN 1000: Win £25,000 worth of prizes General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCN 1000: Win £25,000 worth of prizes

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

MCN 1000: Win £25,000 worth of prizes

Our push for more motorcyclists is today stepping up a gear – by offering new prizes worth £25,000 to readers who help. The MCN 1000 campaign is asking you to be an ambassador for biking by persuading someone to take it up and send us a picture of them with their CBT certificate as proof. And we’re promising to reward one...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (20 October 2010 14:39)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MrAxe

Oct 10

MrAxe says:

Nightmare!!

I convinced 2 mates to take their CBT's (both passed Friday 15th October 2010)

I held off on uploading photos and entering as MCN that week said that the offer was changing (I already have a disk lock so thought I'd wait and see what else was on offer)

Now it turns out I'm not eligable to enter them!!!!

Blast!! I'v already convinced another mate to do his and he's booked his 1 hour introduction but I could have had 3 chances of winning instead of 1 (If only I hadn't waited!!)

MrAxe.

Reply to this Topic
BelfastBiker1122

Sep 10

How do i qualify if i am from belfast and we havent got the CBT

Reply to this Topic
littleprincess1984

Oct 10

I'm totally gutted!!!

I passed my CBT yesterday, but didn't get a chance to do the free ride with Geton before then. So I've now missed out on this competition after my Dad getting me to take the CBT.

So unfair!!! : (

Reply to this Topic
MCNJohnWestlake

Dec 09

Gutted/unfair

Really sorry if people have just missed the boat with the new prize draw. If you did your CBT within a week of us announcing the new prize then you are still eligible for the competition. Please contact alison.sillcox@motorcyclenews.com for more details. Thanks

Reply to this Topic
MrAxe

Oct 10

MrAxe says:

I've contacted Alison and sent in a photo, but I just got a standard reply :(((

Not entered as the candidate hasn't done the 'Get On' ride first.

Seems the ray of light John Westlake was offering was a hoax.

:(

MrAxe

Reply to this Topic
donkeb

Oct 10

donkeb says:

mcn cbt competition

I started taking my CBT back in October and after finally passing it yesterday after 2 previous attempts at a different training school I now find that my husband is unable to send in my photo to enter the competition because you changed the rules!!!!!! Very unfair!!!

Reply to this Topic
MrAxe

Oct 10

MrAxe says:

?

You failed your CBT twice??

The rules changed in October! perhaps after failing the first time you should have done a Get On assesment? then you could still have entered.

Personally I had 2 mates who both passed their CBT's within a week of the rules changing only to find I wasn't eligable to enter them. that was a real kick in the teeth!!! (I sent in a photo of 1 only to be told I was too late to enter him, see my first post, John Westlakes responce and my reply, aaarrrggghhh!!!!)

However, I've since managed to persuade 3 more people that biking is the way forward.

So on Monday I'll be sending in my first entry with Get On details and CBT photo (as long as he passes), followed over the next couple of weeks by 2 more.

I'm a bit keen to enter the compo!!!!

Alison, I'll be emailing you again on Monday make sure you've got good news for me this time.....

Mr Axe.....

Reply to this Topic
kshakes

Sep 10

kshakes says:

Mcn Prizedraw

When Mcn first advertised for new riders passing there CBT, to send in a photo with proof of a pass to win a bike lock, I by chance was taking my CBT the following week. After sending 2 emails with the attached photo and following all the rules written in the article, I waited as the number rose from 50 to a 100 to 200 and looked eagerly every week at the new winners proudly holding there pass certificates.Where was mine ?? Nowhere !! never heard a thing then as I was about to enter again they changed the rules. Thanks but NO THANKS. I was well within the advertised first 250 and to say I'm disapointed in the lack of response is an understatement.I have since passed my DAS and look forward to many happy miles on the road, Mcn did not encourage me to purchase there paper in a competitive market with poor communication and no acknowledgement. \thank you though to my mate who got me started

Reply to this Topic
kshakes

Sep 10

kshakes says:

Emailed

J westlake and alison silcox last week and still no reply ... enough said !!

Reply to this Topic
BanditSpectre

Aug 10

Change in terms

I, like donkeb, feel pretty disappointed and let down by MCN.

When I first saw the competition advertised I let friends know and continued to extol the virtues of bikes. Having already encouraging 2 friends to take their DAS and get on bikes in the last year.

Thinking that 1000 new riders would be entered very quickly didnt think much more about the competition.

After taking a friend as a pillion she fell in love with bikes and a week later had passed her test and got a new 125. So I was very excited to see the competition still open and then disappointment reigned supreme when I saw the new get on clause. Obviously too late.

Having never seen the update to the competition it does seem a bit of a cheat, and not very encouraging for others. What next a "you must pass your cbt on a Reiju motorcycle???" clause.

Oh well good luck to all those who do manage to fulfill the existing and any new conditions of this competition!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices