Skip to content

Discuss This 2011 Triumph Tiger 800 and 800 XC gallery New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 2011 Triumph Tiger 800 and 800 XC gallery

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

2011 Triumph Tiger 800 and 800 XC gallery

Finally, the last bits of the cat are out of the bag. After months of leaks, spy shots, and glimpses, the complete new Triumph Tiger 800 can now be fully revealed. This is the full set of official factory pictures of the new British adventure bike. They show not only both the 800 and off-road XC versions, but all the colour...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (21 October 2010 10:19)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hawkeye1

Mar 10

hawkeye1 says:

I'd expect the off road version to look the way it does, utilitarian with function dictating form however there is no excuse for the road version which is a down right ugly road bike and is also saddled with a 19 inch front wheel. Why??

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
joe1964

Oct 10

joe1964 says:

It looks very much like F800GS.

Reply to this Topic
ruxxy

Oct 09

ruxxy says:

Phew!

Lucky I didn't wait for the release of this one. Seems to be really safe and I was expecting so much more. Good luck to them with the sales but I'm off tomorrow to pick up my new 1150GS Adventure!

Reply to this Topic
street3r

Sep 10

street3r says:

It's got something. Shame about the one exhaust, I do like the symmetry of two exhausts, but that's my personal taste. I need to see one and test ride it to pass any real comment. I'll stick with my Street R for now.

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

Good looking bikes, particularly the road version, which is bound to handle better on road, given the wheel sizes. Hope it's got enough legroom.

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

seeing double

Put  the TIGER next to the SUPER TENERE and spot the difference,the 3rd pipe on the engine.Very similer in design otherwise    

The TENERE is way heavier at 261kg as opposed to the TIGERS 185kg.

The TENERE has 109bhp as opposed to the tigers 100bhp

Also the fact the TIGER is going to be about half the price.

Its going to be very interesing if these two get together in future tests :biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Fumbledore

Sep 10

Fumbledore says:

Awswome looking bike, glad I waited. As someone else said, if for follows function it has to look similar to the beemers. The single can and absence of excess plastic also follows in an adventure bike which doesn't need the weight or the extra expensive bits to replace when it inevitably gets dinged. I think they nailed it on every point.

Reply to this Topic
fgp11

Aug 10

fgp11 says:

2011 Triumph Tiger 800 and 800 XC gallery

I don't understand Triumph's logic. If they build two models, one for the road one for the off-road, they why fit the road version with trail tyres instead of real soprty road tyres? The new Tiger will be no match for a KTM smt on the road and will lack true caracter in being too BWM Gs clone when pretending to live off road.

Reply to this Topic
DavidHondaCBF

Mar 10

Nice

Tiger 800 looks lovely, hopefully will help those people lacking in height department who couldn't fit on the 1050. 800xc looks a bit of a mess, but then most off road bikes do to me.... Presumably no mention of cost yet but I should think it'll be pretty reasonable, can't wait to see more!

Reply to this Topic
des077

Mar 10

des077 says:

Bike looks nice but it would realy need to be shaft driven for me, if you ride through most weathers or even tryout the bike off road the chain will need constant attention and i wouldnt want to ride it in the rain just to clean the chain when i get back.

With this sort of bike the weight of a shaft drive isnt so important as its not made with racing in mind.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices