Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies close to new Yamaha MotoGP deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies close to new Yamaha MotoGP deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies close to new Yamaha MotoGP deal

Ben Spies is locked in talks with Yamaha about an extension to his current MotoGP deal. The Texan, who clinched the Rookie of the Year crown in Phillip Island last weekend with fifth place, is negotiating an extension to his current contract that could keep him on a YZR-M1 machine until the end of 2013. MCN understands a new contract could be...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (21 October 2010 12:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I have no idea where Spies is from

but he does have the star of Texas on his bash hat, so it must mean something?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Fastonce

Jan 10

Fastonce says:

Texan Spies.

I'm pretty sure the reason everyone refers to Ben Spies as a Texan is because he conciders himself one. He may have been born in Memphis but he says he's from Longview Texas. That star on his helmet isn't paying homage to captain America a la Lorenzo, it;s the flag of Texas (the lone star state).

As for great riders I think Bayliss deserves a place in there. He won BSB went to AMA and was drafted in to replace Foggy won WSB. He didn't have a stellar career in GPs but came back  to WSB and won again, went back to Motogp for one race and trounced everyone( Including the Aliens) Then retired at the top of his game. A truly class act!

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Amen brother

Although I think I've figured out the star on bens skid lid. Its not the star of Texas, its the star of David! He IS the second coming! HAL-LE-LU-JAH...HAL-LE-LU-JAH etc

sent to deliver us from evil in the post Rossi world 3 years hence, Ben "just call me Jesus" Spies

Reply to this Topic
Fastonce

Jan 10

Fastonce says:

OUCH!!

I'm not sure who's going to be the most offended by that, the Jewish or the Texans....

And just so we're clear when you Jesus, do you mean Jesus or haysoos?  Could go either way in Texas..

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

definately got ot be Jesus

as in Jesustittyfuckingchrist, look at that guy go!

Reply to this Topic
mr zulu

Mar 07

mr zulu says:

the star

its not the texas lone star,its the usaf star(united states airforce) you dumb fools.

Reply to this Topic
Popski

Feb 09

Popski says:

I thought it said he'd got the Nookie of the year prise. I wondered how the presenters found out.

Reply to this Topic
Fastonce

Jan 10

Fastonce says:

I don't think so.

Supermario, you're cracking me up!

Mr Zulu, I think you're wrong! The whole lid is basicaly the Texas flag, but as always I stand to be corrected.

Reply to this Topic
Fastonce

Jan 10

Fastonce says:

I stand corrected!

My most humble appologies Mr Zulu, I just looked on Bens' website and you are absolutely right. It is indeed the USAF emblem.

Reply to this Topic
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

The lid design is awesome...

It makes Spies look ultra tough on track. Nice lid design.:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle