Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies close to new Yamaha MotoGP deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies close to new Yamaha MotoGP deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies close to new Yamaha MotoGP deal

Ben Spies is locked in talks with Yamaha about an extension to his current MotoGP deal. The Texan, who clinched the Rookie of the Year crown in Phillip Island last weekend with fifth place, is negotiating an extension to his current contract that could keep him on a YZR-M1 machine until the end of 2013. MCN understands a new contract could be...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (21 October 2010 12:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Supermario

Fantastic piece. When Ben does something ok, up until /if then can they all keep quiet, as I'm sick of the hype. Bring back the Transatlantic match races; I'd love to see them against our quality talent pool; they wouldn't stand a chance.

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Supermario

Fantastic piece. When Ben does something ok, up until /if then can they all keep quiet, as I'm sick of the hype. Bring back the Transatlantic match races; I'd love to see them against our quality talent pool; they wouldn't stand a chance.

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Supermario

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Ha Ha

yeah totally agree with you about the match races. Be great if someone bought them back. A series that seemed to throw out some great races and great talents. And we do seem to be hitting a rich vein of British talent these days

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

svnut

I'm sure Darwin didn't get it all exactly right. But I think the point is that its widely accepted that people and plants and creatures of all types evolved into their current states. They weren't made 2 thousand years ago by a man in the sky who did the whole job in 7 days.

But hey, if thats what you believe then thats fine, its your choice

Reply to this Topic
shuggiemac63

Jun 10

shuggiemac63 says:

at SV650nut

I am not taking a pop at you here - honestly. I do however have a question. I took a quick look at your blog and I admit I did not read all of it, as is the way on the net when presented with large texts and you are at work supposed to be doing something else! I am neither dicounting nor dismissing your beliefs, indeed I have the utmost respect for all faiths. I do however have a question. You mentioned that you started with the bible and Christianity as it was the easiest to research. It appears that you found an answer there but did you do the same amount of research etc into Islam, Bhuddism, Jewish faith and many of the other faiths? I have yet to be at ease with people trying convince me that their faith is the right one as I have not met anyone who has looked at all of them with open mind but most will easily decry another religion. The only faith I have no respect for is Foggy faith i.e. that which he had in himself and his desire to tell everyone how wonderful he was. If you have to tell people how brilliant you are then generally that means you are not. Troy Bayliss is to date by far the best Superbike rider ever, plus he is a decent person plus he could win on a GP bike - Fogarty was not good enough to get anyone to give him a decent one for any length of time. I hope for his own sake that he is no longer such a prat.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Its not a matter of opinion

Carl Forgarty is the greatest World Superbiker ever. That is a matter of recorded historical fact. You may not like the guy, but that dosen't alter the fact that he is the greatest. End of

Reply to this Topic
maazzz1

Aug 10

maazzz1 says:

Well actually

Not one for a pissing competition or a debate on who is the absolute best as it is all relative, however the Foggy and Bayliss debate is a good one and was looking for the recorded hostorical fact that SuperMario quoted. What I found is Foggy won 4 titles and Bayliss 3 but very stiff not to have also won 4. If using that as the sole qualification then right he is. However their individual records are both testament to how good these guys were, however their strike rates of sucess are very telling in this pissing competition...

Foggy - 220 races, 109 podiums, 59 wins, 48 fastest laps and 21 poles

His strike rates of success are: Podium every 2.02 races; Wins 3.73 races; Fastest Laps 4.58 races; Poles 10.48 races and 220 races to achieve 4 world titles at an average of 55 races per title

Bayliss - 152 races, 94 podiums, 52 wins, 35 fastest laps and 26 poles

Strike rates are: Podium every 1.62 races; Wins 2.96 races; Fastest Laps 4.34 races; Poles 5.84 races and 152 races at an average of every 50.67 races.

Not sure about recorded historical fact, numbers don't lie. Foggy won 4, Bayliss 3 but Bayliss has better strike rates across the board. One is a good bloke and an ambassador for Ducati and the other one don't know him but seems not thought of as highly as Bayliss in terms of his qualities both on and off the track by many on this forum. I would say maybe Bayliss by a few centimetres?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
LilMoney

Aug 04

LilMoney says:

Foggy

Is a TWAT !

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

oooh mario!

Are your knickers a bit twisted up your ass? Of course RobTZ you agree for obvious reasons!

But anyway, you don't like anyone questioning The Great Foggy? lol. Your bag of insults don't hide 1 glaring fact so let me tell you about Russell(Mr. Daytona who crashed and remounted AND still beat Foggy at Daytona), Kocinski, Colin, and Bayliss - THEY ALL HAD THE GUTS TO GO TO MOTOGP UNLIKE FOGGY. The reason Foggy is the greatest WSBK is because that's all he did full time. He stayed on the porch and didn't go run with the big dawgs. If Polen, Russell, Edwards, Kocinski, or Bayliss wanted to only do WSBK than maybe they would have done 220 races and have 4 titles too. But they won it and moved on. Colin hasn't raced WSBK since 2002 - imagine the stats he would have if he didn't want to swim with the big fish in the big pond and cherry picked in WSBK for the past 8 years.

But like I said, considering Foggy's success on the Roads I'm good with saying he is the best WSBK rider.

See unlike some riders from some countries, WSBK isn't a goal or career job for American riders and never has been. It's only used as a stepping stone to GPs and if GPs doesn't work out they would rather do something else than WSBK.

And please live KRJR and Nicky out of this - they are MotoGP Champions. I thought we were talking about WSBK? And saying stuff like "lets take a little look at the riders of the post Schwantz era" makes me think you want to talk GPs and ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS "let's took a look at the riders of the post Sheene" era and it would be 30 years of nothing worth looking at. Don't start stuff you can't finish...

And last time I checked it was a Jap chap winning BSB whenever he rolls out of bed so don't try to berate the AMA for formly having an Aussie champ. Last time I checked the guys who last beat him have a MotoGP and a WSBK title - enough said.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle