Skip to content

Discuss This 2011 Honda CBR250R first pictures New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 2011 Honda CBR250R first pictures

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Newbigging  says:

2011 Honda CBR250R first pictures

Honda’s new CBR250R will go head-to-head with the Kawasaki Ninja 250R in 2011, these pictures released today reveal. The all-new single cylinder CBR250R makes 26bhp from the new liquid-cooled, four-stroke, four-valve single cylinder engine, and weighs 162kg fully-fuelled and ready to ride, compared to the Ninja 250R’s claimed figures of 32.2bhp and 169kg. Honda is claiming impressive fuel range for the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 October 2010 10:34)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hughcam

Dec 08

hughcam says:

fragpig

I was in your position 4 years ago. I had a zzr250 (same engine as the Ninja 250 but higher tune) for a year which was ok for £1,200 (Only 5,500 miles from brand new). But the SV650 I bought whilst in the second year of my restriction was sooooooooooo much better. Plus it cost £3,400 with 700 miles on the clock. - The actual thought of paying £4,000 for a crap 250 with shite tyres and no brakes sounds like madness.

I would suggest you buy a proper bike like a sv650s, Kwack 640 etc and get it restricted. The insurance may even be the same but at least that way you will have a 'proper' bike. Depreciation will be alot less aswell.

All in my opinion of course:)

Reply to this Topic
Fragpig

Oct 10

Fragpig says:

Hughcam

I use the bike for commuting and i do about 7-8000 miles a year, what's the mpg like on a restricted 600? I'm getting about 98mpg (thrashing it) on my cbr125r... might think about a zzr250

Reply to this Topic
JayPoi

Oct 10

JayPoi says:

I'm doing my A2 test soon, & would have considered a CBR250R (I'm on a CBR125R at the moment) if they had just made it up to the performance of the Ninja 250R. I don't understand why they made it so clearly lacking in power next to their biggest rival for this market. I'm still undecided whether to get a 2nd hand Ninja 250 or get a bigger bike restricted; because as a bigger bike would mean I have a 'proper' bike & only have to get it de-restricted instead of a new bike, it also means I would have a big bike weight with small bike power. Hmm...

Reply to this Topic
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

BHP Figure for MCN?

@ MCN, are you 110% sure that BHP is correct?:unsure:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
stavros012008

Oct 08

ugly

man another ugly bike from honda lol ....ugly

Reply to this Topic
Popski

Feb 09

Popski says:

26bhp, that's about the same claimed power that my knock-about 1980 CB250RSA turns out, now THAT'S what I call progress.

Reply to this Topic
kendizx9r

Oct 04

kendizx9r says:

would of looked better with lower clip ons and bit more wrap around fairing up top give that race look, well it has got two Rs in its title

Reply to this Topic
leemt2112

Aug 09

leemt2112 says:

seems a bit pointless to me, a 4 stroke 250 is going to teach nothing to riders coming up from a 125. thats the point of a cbr, to be sporty... just get a second hand 600

Reply to this Topic
KJNASH2001JESS

Jan 05

pointless,  its a mini moto vfr 1200,  thought cbr was sports , c'mon honda style it like a baby blade , and it would sell in the hundreds,  make it as exciting as the nc30 range , or as sporty as the rs250 when that was out

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Why the Single?

The VTR250 has a four stroke V-Twin kicking out 32.1bhp, why not use the same engine? I've ridden the 250 and its a cracking little bike, the single cylinder seems a bit cheap in a bike like this.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices