Skip to content

Discuss This 2011 Honda CBR250R first pictures New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 2011 Honda CBR250R first pictures

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Newbigging  says:

2011 Honda CBR250R first pictures

Honda’s new CBR250R will go head-to-head with the Kawasaki Ninja 250R in 2011, these pictures released today reveal. The all-new single cylinder CBR250R makes 26bhp from the new liquid-cooled, four-stroke, four-valve single cylinder engine, and weighs 162kg fully-fuelled and ready to ride, compared to the Ninja 250R’s claimed figures of 32.2bhp and 169kg. Honda is claiming impressive fuel range for the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 October 2010 10:34)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

Why the single?

With Moto3 in the offing next year I'd have thought .... test bed for the new race engine.

Reply to this Topic
UltimateMax

Aug 10

UltimateMax says:

cool

Styleing's good, VFR 1200ish       also

isnt honda about to release a new 1000cc V4 Superbike and still sell the inline 4 fireblade side by side.

the new litre V4's styleing might match this little CBR 250 and VFR1200.

Is there any similarities between this CBR250 engine and the CRF250 engine?

the upright ride position and high handlebars are very good for comfort. Good bike for fuel misers or beginers.

This bike is not for me, I like big fast comfy bikes like Vmax, Diavel, Rocket III Roadster, B-King, GSX1400 etc

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

CBR250R

Can't believe these bikes weigh so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
morristhemog

Aug 09

morristhemog says:

£4000

Given the current bargain pricing on ER6s, Bandits et al, this seems a touch expensive for what it is...

Reply to this Topic
skwaa91

Oct 10

skwaa91 says:

Moto3 is singles

Isn't Moto3 250cc 4stroke singles? "The technical revolution in MotoGP will be completed in 2012 when the current 125cc two-strokes are banished in favour of a 250cc four-stroke single-cylinder world championship called Moto3, MCN can reveal."

I don't think this bike deserves the CBR name, but neither does the 125(or the asian 150 for that matter)! They seem a bit more like overstyled town commuters rather than sports bikes.

Seems it's a 250 single for the new moto3 in 2012 :) 26bhp though.. weak much?

Reply to this Topic
coxyjm

May 10

coxyjm says:

looks ok

But is there a big enough market for another 250cc Sports bike??

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Very weak.

Even the CRF250R has 37 bhp.  Of course, top end rebuilds are frequent on the dirt bike.  Just sayin"...

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

CosherB

That probably explains it, I didn't realise Moto GP was killing off the 125 two strokes. :( Still dissapointed they didn't squeeze a touch more oopmh from the motor though.

Reply to this Topic
sam_h

Jul 08

sam_h says:

o my days, what are they doing?! looks tiny. shoot your designer, and i bet the old kawasaki zxr250 would run  rig around it, for 3999 i can bye a 06 1000rr need we say more

Reply to this Topic
UltimateMax

Aug 10

UltimateMax says:

Is the engine based off the old XL250?

Cause Im guessin it don't have the performance of the CRF 250X.

I think theyre going for a little cheap arse reliable commuter that looks pretty.

They could of give it an allow frame, swing arm an a racing type engine with very strong brakes and stiff track based suspension. The Racing style bike in my mind might not sell so good. But they would have to charge an arm and a leg. Or would They? (just lower profit margins)

Do people want a comfortable, spongie, gutless little shit bomb instead? yes, thats why the Ninja 250 has sold like hot cakes.

Sensible ride position though. Big props to Honda you get a gold star. same with Kawaski's Z1000SX

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices