Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Triumph Tiger 800 first ride - 'a bigger, comfier Street Triple' First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Triumph Tiger 800 first ride - 'a bigger, comfier Street Triple'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Triumph Tiger 800 first ride - 'a bigger, comfier Street Triple'

MCN is granted exclusive access to both on and off-road versions of the new 800cc three-cylinder Triumph Tiger 800.  To find out more about the Triumph Tiger, buy the 27 October issue of MCN out now. Watch the video for a look at the Tiger 800 in action and check out this week's paper for the full 6-page special on the development of Triumph's...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 October 2010 12:33)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MotoVirolo

Jul 10

MotoVirolo says:

A bigger, comfier, and, you obviously forgot, uglier Street Triple.

Reply to this Topic
hawkeye1

Mar 10

hawkeye1 says:

xc version great, road version, urghh!!

Earlier this year I sold my tiger 1050 (great bike but a bit too bulky and heavy). And eagerly counted the days till I would come across a spy shot or sneak preview of the expected new smaller tiger. It would probably be similar to the 1050 but with a street triple engine. You know, like a combination of a street triple and a tiger.

However, it was not to be. Instead what was I presented with, A new  f800gs clone! Great for those adventure types (they'll love the XC version) but  as a road bike WTF!!  Whats with the 19 inch front wheel and utilitarian look. At least with my tiger 1050, the sleek looks gave it a sporty appearance but this as a road bike has definitely lost the plot. Oh well its plan B then, forget the tiger and go pick up a second hand street triple.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Was expecting at least the same power as the 675 Street Triple....(107HP on Street Triple, 126HP on Daytona). Wonder why they made the motor bigger to get less power (even if they added possibly a bit more torque). Can't wait to see fuel economy of this engine.

Reply to this Topic
955nsim

Jul 10

955nsim says:

tiger-power

In the MCN,Triumph state why it is 'only' 94 bhp.In 2013,new euro legislation means that many new riders won't be allowed to ride anything over 95 BHP...so any more power and a huge section of new buyers wouldn't be able to ride one!Still about8-10 horses more than the BMW 800 though.bottom and mid-range far more important than absolute BHP in this market.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Then why not just limit engines like they do in France. All bikes limited to 100HP, if you buy it elsewhere you get the unlimited version. Then again, if the torque is fuller everywhere in the rpm, 95Hp should be decent for 2up riding, considering I was doing it on a 59HP Triumph Scrambler already...just wish it has some of the Street's aggressivity...

Reply to this Topic
manjo

May 06

manjo says:

acmeff says

Tiger 800

Yet again MCN state Triumph make the best bikes there is. HOW COME YOU DONT SEE THAT MANY ON THE ROADS

acmeff you really need to GET OUT MORE

Reply to this Topic
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

MCN biking ambassodor?

Sets off looking at camera, floor and guages.
Spots the toe-in arrows and charges up to the bikers' death trap tail-gating position behind white van.
Heads right round roundabout substituting body position for indicators.
More charging up to tailgating position.
Needs kerb to get both feet down while two vehicles and four bodies conspire to cause maximum distraction underneath a children's playground warning sign.
Uses busy roundabout as personal playground, again no indicators for the benefit of others.
In case we were in any doubt about attitude, hoiks up a wheelie for the doubtless amusement of passing traffic.

Good luck Triumph, but MCN, what are you on? 

Reply to this Topic
ROB CHISHOLM

Dec 02

ROB CHISHOLM says:

manjo says

... you don't see many Triumphs on the road! LOL!

You must be one of those who never gets out on their bike, or you ride around with blinkers on.  Or perhaps bikes that don't have 'look at me' graphics and/or are not riden by Power Rangers are too subtle for you.

You might want to get down to your local Triumph dealer to try out one or two ... you might just be surprised at exactly how good Triumphs are.

P.S. I have no connection to Triumph other than I ride and own two of them  (SP3 1050/Tiger955i). Best bikes I've ever had.

Ride Fast, Ride Safe

Reply to this Topic
TEEBEES

Jul 08

TEEBEES says:

WOT,WHY FOR?

CAN,T SEE WHAT ALL THE FUSS IS ABOUT !!IF YOU WANT A TRIUMPH TO TOUR ON YOU WOULD SURELY PICK THE 1050 ,UNLESS THIS IS AIMED AT THE FEMALE MARKET ???

Reply to this Topic
TEEBEES

Jul 08

TEEBEES says:

WHY NOT

IF TRIUMPH ARE TRYING TO COMPETE WITH OTHER MANUFACTURERS WHY IS THERE NO THING FOR THE YOUNG UNS ??

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices