Skip to content

Discuss This Honda VFR800X adventure concept sketch New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Honda VFR800X adventure concept sketch

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Newbigging  says:

Honda VFR800X adventure concept sketch

Honda is to release the new VFR800-based adventure bike at the Milan bike show next week, and has released a final sketch hinting at how the finished bike will look. The new sketch gives a pretty good idea of the final bike’s styling and attitude. The VFR800 powered machine looks to use 17” cast road bike wheels in a Tiger 1050...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 October 2010 16:04)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

"exciting new approach.."

TDM...? 1991. `nuff said...

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

juvenile

Styled like a toddler's plastic toy from Hasbro

Reply to this Topic
edsy007

Jan 10

edsy007 says:

Multistrada??

Looks familiar this...

Reply to this Topic
sam_h

Jul 08

sam_h says:

yea....try getting thats off road

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

adventure or not

''Off-road ability clearly isn't part of the brief ''......''An Adventure sports bike''????

I'm sorry but can someone explain.What the hell is it?

Where does Adventure come in when it dose,nt go off road?  :wacko:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Sprint,

Most 'adventure bikes' never see anything muddier than a gravel drive, they are just being honest about it, think updated TDM. instead of making a bike that pretends to have off road prowess (multistrada for example) they have made a road bike with a trailbike seating position.

Reply to this Topic
tockie

Aug 10

tockie says:

Betcha the screen/lights look like the face of an insect. Now where have I seen that before.?:-)

Reply to this Topic
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

sprintman, i agree

What is this 'tradition of adventure-sport bikes' that doesn't include offroad ability? Chris Newbigging seems to have invented it on the spot. I can't understand why MCN feels that without the real bike even having seen the light of day it already has to start making excuses for it and talking around its weaknesses.

Reply to this Topic
Lisboa

Oct 10

Lisboa says:

Wait'n see

Well, if it's a bike with the vfr 800 engine, shaft drive and upright position, have no doubts that Honda may have a winner here. Just think of deauville, new transalp, V-strom and other examples, and what they sold aroun the world. Many of those owners never even tried to go off-road, they don't just have the skills to do it...

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

lads lads lads..stop bitchin about whether its this or that, just take a look around all the showrooms and all you'll see is wave after wave of race reps, including my old ones !! because more and more seem to be trying summat different and realising there is life after 1000cc superbikes, across the water on mainland europe these kind of bikes and also unfaired bandits and fazers have been popular for years!! we're just stuck in the "sportsbike" mentality..

I for one welcome all the new additions, its opening lots of doors in terms of motorcycling experiences, people have grown tired of blades and R1's, unless all the riding you do is to your local meet 20 mile down the road then thats fine eh..but for those who venture further afield, whether on road or off road!! then these style of bikes make perfect sense, get a cheap track bike then summat like this for the road....Voila!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices