Skip to content

Discuss This 2011 BMW G650GS: the return of the F650GS New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 2011 BMW G650GS: the return of the F650GS

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Newbigging  says:

2011 BMW G650GS: the return of the F650GS

BMW is adding the G650GS to its range for 2011 – an entry level single-cylinder adventure bike filling the hole left by the old F650GS. The new G650GS is powered by the BMW-built liquid-cooled 650 single rather than the old F-series Rotax engine. Technically the G650GS’ chassis is very similar to the original F650GS – a simple steel double cradle frame and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (29 October 2010 09:49)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
blackspot

Sep 10

blackspot says:

I apologize if i`m being superficial here but....

just when you think that it is impossible to make an uglier bike, bmw proves you wrong

this is just unbelievable :-|

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

@ SatNavSteve... Triumph won't be losing any sleep over it 'cos it's aimed at an entirely different market... Triumph are competing directly with the F800GS with their new Tiger. You can expect this to be a couple of thousand pounds less & no competition to their GS's.

... unless you have an inside line on Triumph copying BMW yet again?

@ AlexL... I think the engine is pretty much unchanged from the last model F650 single which returned high 50mpg's... not much different to a gently ridden F800 so at 14 litres you'd be filling up earlier than an 800 rider.

Bikes with misleading model numbers :- 1098R, T509/595/309/100, SP525... I'm sure there are many, many more but it is confusing.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

http://www.mc24.no/getfile.php/Innhold/Aktuelt%2C%20motorsykkel/BMW/2011%20G%20650%20GS/BMW_G_650_GS_EN.pdf

Quoting a 215 mile tank range but that's at 55mph... I'd say higher speeds will see that tumble quicker than it's longer legged brother.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

BMW GS650 REBORN.......

So,BMW have gone back A DECADE and brought back to life the GS 650.

One BIG mistake though is no USD forks and no second option on spoked wheels.

Keep the price low and they'll sell.

Don't agree with what blackspot says in that they're ugly bikes,as there are far worse examples out there but each unto their own.

Oh,by the way 1050cc stated that when Triumph brought out the T595i it must have meant 595cc.No it was Triumph's 5th year and 955cc was the engine size but some bright spark thought banding 5+95 together would tell people just what Triumph were aiming at,well.......

Reply to this Topic
Kwasaki

Oct 10

Kwasaki says:

sourced engine ??

The finished engines are shipped back to BMW in Germany where the bikes are assembled. G650GS models with the Chinese-assembled engines can be easily identified as the engines are painted black while in the earlier European-assembled engines were finished in silver.

This one is black with a bit of silver. !!!!

Reply to this Topic
Larzarus

May 09

Larzarus says:

?

In the mag you quote 88mpg for this new 650GS. And honda think that their Crossrunner has an 'impressive' 45mpg?!?! How is it that a fiesta or other small car can get to 70mpg (as my old 106 did) where most bikes struggle to beat 50mpg

Reply to this Topic
nomad5326

Nov 10

nomad5326 says:

Not a bad update, but they really need to come up with a Adventure model, heck clean things up and offer a adventure model on all GS's instead of the confusing naming (F800/F650).

If they offer this in a Adventure model with:

21" Front/18" Rear

Taller adjustable common (WP)  shocks/forks

Wire laced wheels

Sump

Body Protection

Knobbies

ADV Panniers w/matching topcase

They will sell probably double and to men/women who just aren't ready for the F800 or want a lighter bike.

Rename the F650 to the F800 and the F800 to the F800 Adventure w/the same.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Styling fail

Why have a "beak" if there's a mudguard as well?

Beaks are hideous and serve no purpose.

Reply to this Topic
candychun

Mar 11

candychun says:

steve madden boots sale

Really amazing… and informative.. i also did some

kind of php coding. But never thought of these kind of

vulnerabilities…. Next time i will be very careful.

steve madden boots sale

Reply to this Topic
candychun

Mar 11

candychun says:

steve madden pumps

This articles helps me more.Thanks for your

sharing,I will pay more attentions to your blog.

Looking forward to your better and better articles.See

you next time.

steve madden pumps

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle