You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Suspension > set up help req ducati 996

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

hugster

Apr 08

hugster says:

set up help req ducati 996

hi i have a 2000 model 996 biposto,i am having a bit of a handeling issue with the bike after years on jap bikes thought i would give one a go,as they seem to get great reveiws but when i am out on the bike and go into a fast sweeping corner the bike starts to weave quite badly,the bike came with new tyres avon azaro viper and the pressures are fine any set up settings would be very much apprecated many thanks:smile

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (30 October 2010 11:32)

Post a message in Suspension

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Ducati 996 Biposto

Hi Hugster

Could be a good idea to first check the fork head stock bearings for any notchy feeling or play.Check all the spindles are tight(wheel and swing arm).Check wheel bearings  for wear and play.Check wheels are straight(no buckles)also fork oil and air gaps(no fork oil leaks).Check rear shock for oil leak and if the spring is in good condition and is the right weight for your weight?and that the shock linkage and swing arm is free moving and not starting to seize.Then go for set up.Good Luck

KCMC:tongue: 

Reply to this Topic
hugster

Apr 08

hugster says:

ducati 996 biposto

hi kcmc thanks for the info going to check all that stuff this week many thanks again

hugster

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices