Skip to content

Discuss This Bradley Smith signs Tech 3 Moto2 deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bradley Smith signs Tech 3 Moto2 deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bradley Smith signs Tech 3 Moto2 deal

Bradley Smith has signed a deal to ride for the Tech 3 Moto2 squad in Estoril today, as was first reported by MCN last week. The 19-year-old will partner French rider and 2008 125GP world champion Mike di Meglio after Catalunya Moto2 winner Yuki Takahashi and Raffaele de Rosa both moved on. Smith, who finished third in today’s Estoril 125GP, will test...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (31 October 2010 16:34)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
WebbyR1

Aug 10

WebbyR1 says:

boro365

"Simon isn't in moto 2"

Er, yes he is. The rest aren't. We know what you mean, but if you're being that picky, then so am I. lol

On the story, of course Redding has more potential for next season, he's got a years experience in the class, on his bike, under his belt. He's riding brilliant at the moment, and long may it continue. He's a great lad, and an immense talent, but.... give Brad a chance. 

He's signed for a good team, well supported and with a lot of experience, and also Edwards testing last week for them. Their riders haven't performed for them this season, apart from Takahashi at Catalunya (I think), and so they've signed an ex 125cc World Champion and Brad. Don't be surprised if they do a lot better next season. 

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I think Bradley is a great rider

with good potential, but he's got to start sticking out those elbows, and he's got to start fighting for positions if he's gonna progress

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Bradley Smith

I think we ought to adopt a wait and see strategy on this one . Surely we can assert that Bradley is fast ? I tend to think his teams have favoured the Spanish riders in the team.

Reply to this Topic
v1nn1e

Jan 09

v1nn1e says:

WebbyR1

I believe that Boro was trying to say that Simon would be disappointed to find that he wasn't in Moto2, as Espargaro would to find he wasn't 3rd in the 125's... ?

Anyway, hope Bradley's made the right choice - don't Tech-3 do their own chassis? Could either be a limiting factor or a learning curve for giving development feedback.

Thought yesterday's race was one of his best for aggression whilst he was battling against Marquez. Good article on the Beeb about his training regime - came across well in that, IMHO

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

Right choice

...Of course it is...what other did he have, the boy has been demoralized somewhat by the lack of straight line speed of the bike.  Should he stay on a bike that by his own admission he has outgrown?  There's nothing his team can do about that.  Tech 3 is a very good choice, if he makes a success at Moto 2 level the option to move up to Moto Gp could be there for him....a couple of seasons in Moto2 will do him no harm at all.

I agree Bradders will have to scrap like hell in this class...just look at Redding this weekend.  Bradley should now be under no illusions of what's going to be required in this class.

Best of luck Bradders....

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Bradley

In previous posts I have questioned if he has the ginger nuts to do the job but I agree with Richard1967 - lets wait and see. Bradley is no fool, he has seen the Moto2 racers and speaks with Scott, he knows that to be fast he also needs to be aggressive and I think, I trust, he has the conkers to do it.

So come on Bradley - make us eat our words and kick some Moto2 ass!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices