Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati Diavel: first finished pics New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Ducati Diavel: first finished pics

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Dan Aspel  says:

Ducati Diavel: first finished pics

For those of you who can’t wait for this week’s Milan Motorcycle Show… here are some pictures of the new Ducati Diavel. Published by a Ducati dealer in Arboga, Sweden, the Diavel was apparently shown at a recent open day. More details of the 162bhp muscle bike as the week progresses. Source: italiabikecenter.com

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (01 November 2010 11:05)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

DUCATI DIAVEL.......DRIVEL

Well,i'm sorry but i'm DISAPPOINTED.:upset:

This bike had all the(on paper i mean)right things going for it.Massive rear tyre,engine and apparently funky,agressive looks!

Rubbish!!!Ducati have missed the boat on this one but only just.Take those hideous BUELL like shrouds off the tank,PLEASE! It makes the bike look ABSURD!:mad:

I mean the top shroud connected with the tank looks STUPID!

I think whoever designed the tank got to the front,didn't know where too go from there and decided to tack on some plastic.All this bike needs is the tank to be redesigned and the shrouds to be minimalised as radiator shrouds,not carbuncles,come on man!

This bike would have looked ACE without them, well alright, a bigger version of the new Monster but so what!

They could have called it the OGRE,or SUPER MONSTER or IL COLOSSO!!!

Suzuki did the same thing with the B-KING.The tank/shrouds combo,make that bike look like something between JUDGE DREDD'S bike and a 50's CADILLAC.JEEZ!!!

No,sorry,but YAMAHA'S V-MAX wins the day for going in the right direction where looks are concerned.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
theMaskedAvenger

Jun 10

Awful, awful!

That thing is hideous! Acres of black plastic makes it look cheap and nasty although I'm sure the price won't reflect this. A horrible mish-mash of different colours, shapes and styles... it just doesn't gel. Sure to sell well initially, with sales drying up in year 2 as there is a limited supply of rich poseurs with little taste who ride bikes.

Reply to this Topic
Daish

Nov 10

Daish says:

The axeman cometh...

Every now and then a bike comes along which re-defines biking and acknowledges the relentless evolution of bikers. 40 years ago we had the naysayers who dismissed the Japanese onslaught via the Honda 750/4 preferring a steady diet of plodding, leaking machinery. Nearly 20 years ago we had the genius coup of Ayrton on a Monster and the subsequent revival of Ducati. Simultaneous to the rumours of this bike we had Ducati pulling WSB for good. Those Bologna-boys have proved they ain't stupid and aligning themselves with the V Max and V Rod will be based on some sensible research. No doubt the research states that the era of the 'widow-maker' is coming to an end in favour of demand for bikes which travel huge distances and stop, go and handle in a more interesting package than the distance jelly-moulds on offer until a few years ago. So, a toast to Ducati then and a very loud warning to trade-in your unfeasible track pretender now before dealers stop buying them all together!!

Reply to this Topic
mcned

Jun 10

mcned says:

Want one!

And no, I am not one of those "rich poseurs with little taste who ride bikes". I have been wanting a V-Max that handles like a Monster for some time now - Harley don't do one and Yamaha want too much for a new V-Max....this could well be the one.

Like most bikes, I suspect it looks better in the flesh and in a single colour....and these are not the best photos in the world, and are certainly not taken by a pro either..

Reply to this Topic
mcned

Jun 10

mcned says:

in full matt black...

with Termi's.....of course...

Reply to this Topic
theMaskedAvenger

Jun 10

@Daish, unless you are a time-traveller posting from 2003, you are a little behind the times. The "adventure / tall rounder" market has already taken a huge chunk out of the sportsbike market as bikers get older and there are fewer young riders entering biking. Over the last 2 years, the BMW GS has been the best selling bike over 600cc more months than not. That's still no reason for Ducati to demean themselves with an ugly V-Max clone.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

It's a shame Ducati already have a Monster as this is what they should have called the Ducati Monster.

I think they could have concentrated on getting the colours right too as those white shrouds and headlight don't match the rest of the bike. It makes the bike look unfinished. All red or all black would make it look alot better. Having nitpicked, I bet it looks superb in the flesh.

Reply to this Topic
jonnyconcrete

Oct 05

looking good

i like this there are some iffy parts but for the most part the bike is very different to the normal everyday bike i can imagine some nice matt black versions or crazy paint schemes that would suit this bike in my head now. At worst with the loss of buell i can see this bike filling a gap. Im also going to watch other manufacturers with interest because this bike could be the start of the sort of revolution i have been waiting for.

Heres comes the start of the official dealership streetfighter bike

On a flip side i imagine i'll have to sell body parts or worst to be able to purchaseone

Reply to this Topic
BlackER6F

Feb 10

BlackER6F says:

U..G..L..Y

It's hideous, pure and simple.  That exhaust is the worst i've ever seen.

Reply to this Topic
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

Ducati ?

Nice they printed 'Ducati' on the tank, otherwise I wouldn't recognise it as one.

The trend seems to go to ever more clumpsier and bigger bikes, and that

is not what I am looking for. Why doesn't Ducati make us a nice light SuperMono ??

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices