Skip to content

Discuss This Estoril MotoGP: Valentino Rossi bemoans set-up gamble MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Estoril MotoGP: Valentino Rossi bemoans set-up gamble

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Estoril MotoGP: Valentino Rossi bemoans set-up gamble

Valentino Rossi blamed a wrong set-up gamble for his failure to end 2010 world champion Jorge Lorenzo’s domination of the Estoril MotoGP race yesterday. The Italian led for a long spell in the 28-lap clash but was powerless to stop the Spaniard from running away to a third straight win on Portuguese soil. The race was a set-up gamble for everybody with...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (01 November 2010 13:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

Bollocks

Another shit boring race, and Stoner fell off cos his rider aids didnt catch his slide!! end of!!

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Ha ha ha ha

Ben - Bet your a joy to be around at christmas fella.... ha ha ha

MarchTitty - Rossi hasnt made any excuses... he said Lorenzo was faster than him on the day... I agree with him and dont think anybody was going to beat Lorenzo on that track. Your comparison in injuries is crazy and pointless as they are such different injuries and one happened in an important part of the season and the other happened and was fixed before the season even started.... Pointless argument!

Nigel... I didnt say Rossi would  "have it all to himself next year" i was merely pointing out that donkeys like you made the same stupid statements in 2006 and 2007 and wrote him off due to the 'new breed' coming through... well he hasnt done too bad since hey? I agree, he will not have it easy next year but i am prepared to put money on him winning it again.... You have to be a complete numpty to bet against him! Also, keep your fantasies of tissues and manly bodily fluids for your other forums fella..... none of that gay shit here mate! You been chatting with Moanerrules by any chance?

Reply to this Topic
mrblistershifter

Jan 10

Copycat !

I really detest Mr Nopersonality Lorenzo's little space man theatrics !  Get a life you Rossi wannabe !!

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

Like it!!

Well said mrblistershifter, hate the prick!!.

And Minty Fresh, i,ll probably get stitched to work christmas so be even more fun to be around, GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
marchwitty

Sep 10

marchwitty says:

Minty Fresh

It comes to something when a person has to resort to name calling, are you in school? 

If you don't agree with my positing that's fine we are all entitled to our opinions and that's what they are opinions!  Not once did I slag off Rossi, but there have been excuses this season and in the last two season's more off's than I've seen in his whole career, YES, I have watched him from a kid!

So just become an adult and stop the name calling it's childish.

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Dry your eyes fella....

Didn't think you would get that upset over me typing "Marchtitty" Go and get a hug or something you sensitive soul... I am always banging on about people being entitled to their own opinions but again, i was merely pointing out that your comparisons were crap.... simple as. I would love to see you snap your leg in half then come back and compete for podiums straight away after 40 odd days recovery time and not make some so called "excuses".... He made no excuses at all in Estoril yet you still accused him and his fans of doing so.... that is the only reason why i corrected you..

Thank you and i hope i have not upset you any further, Now if you will excuse me, my teacher has just said i can go to the toilet so i am off for a tinkle... c ya.

Reply to this Topic
Strokey

Sep 02

Strokey says:

GOAT

Lorenzo maybe able to ride a bike around a circle quickly but I think people are missing the point about what makes a truly great champion and why Rossi really is the greatest of all time. You can name any number of things that makes him exceptional:

His antics which were a breath of fresh air,

Not needing the ego massage of a number 1 plate,

His gutsy decision to switch from Honda,

His gutsy moves especially doing Stoner at the corkscrew

Original thinking like changing down a gear on the last lap of Catalunya to do an overtake that no one thought was physically possible

Being magnanimous in defeat when he shook Nicky's hand on the slowing down lap after losing the title to him.

Now any rider can do antics or shake the new champoins hand but no one has ever done it with such class you just have to think about the cringeworthy golf shot of Lorenzo's to realise that. Lorenzo is good at being fast and that is what he should stick to, please not more antics. Rossi on the other hand...Don't change man, don't ever change a thing. A world champion does not necessarily mean a great Champion the greatest of whom is undeniably Rossi. He may not always be the fastest on any given day but is loved by fans of every Country who would normally just root for their own riders; that makes him the greatest

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices