Skip to content

Discuss This Martin signs for Relentless Suzuki TT & road races

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > TT & road races > Martin signs for Relentless Suzuki

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Martin signs for Relentless Suzuki

Guy Martin has signed tor race for the Relentless by TAS Suzuki team in next year’s major road races. The deal was finalised late on Sunday night and MCN was there at the team’s Moneymore-based workshops when Martin put pen to paper. Martin’s priority will be the three international road races – the North West 200, Isle of Man TT and Ulster...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (01 November 2010 19:00)

Post a message in TT & road races

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
GarethOlley

Aug 05

GarethOlley says:

Top deal for a top rider and all round good guy in the World of bike racing! His maiden TT win is well over due so hopefully TAS Suzuki will help him to acheive what he deserves! I look forward to seeing him "ringing it's neck!" ;o)

Reply to this Topic
sizzler

May 06

sizzler says:

cmon guy !!!!

never mind the roads, although i love to watch ya ride the tt ..awesome, bout time you got in bsb and kicked some ass...well done guy ,hope yu all well n ready to kill some rabbits !!

Reply to this Topic
IMB76

Oct 10

IMB76 says:

Top bloke

I hope the bikes can take the stick Guy dishes out and give him the success he should have had in years gone by look forward to seeing it come on Guy

Reply to this Topic
cfoggy

Aug 02

cfoggy says:

Northwest 20

I can't wait to see what he does at the Northwest 200 next May.

I hope TAS has enough tea bags!

Reply to this Topic
mydogben

Aug 02

mydogben says:

Guy is a great ad for the sport and real battler. However he has had some great bikes and back up in the past but bad luck has allways got in the way... I really hope, the knowledge of having TAS behind him will enable him to concentrate on "riding the bike" and let the team do what they do best.....Winning races. Good luck mucca

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

TT Winner

I would love to see Guy win a TT, especially after the accident this year (heart stopping minutes for everyone) and I think that being with Hector and TAS he potentially has the best chance. However,  I do believe that Michael Dunlop will be the man to beat on the roads next year.

Reply to this Topic
adrenalin

Jun 09

adrenalin says:

Now all he has to do is stop talking and start winning.  He is a great guy and very entertaining, but doesn't seem focussed enough on racing to be a major winner.  He needs to concentrate on racing and stop fixing trucks for a while ;) 

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

Don,t Agree

With you ADRENALIN. Not focussed . Guys one of the few guys that live in the real world and has to work for a living . What racing is he to do between now and next season???? .  Guy Martin is the peoples racer , everyone can relate to him because he comes from that same grease pit that alot of guy,s do and to be riding at his level i,d say he,s pretty focused on not havin beers after work with the boys. In my opinion it,s  a pretty awesome for him to come back after last years fire ball. Now as far as racing till next season would someone at MCN get Guy the right connection so he can come and ride in WESTERN AUSTRALIA at the invitational international at WANNERROO with the rest of the real road racers that came over last year.

Reply to this Topic
Kescheng

May 06

Kescheng says:

Media Bollocks

So this has nothing to do with GM's carefully crafted 'bloke like me,' image then. Given that he is plastered around in just about every magazine or paper you pick up and has a TV series in the same vein and Fred Dibnah coming up in the new year - therefore high profile - picking GM is not about talent. As far as I'm aware he hasn't actually won anything major yet, but the general feeling from all and sundry is that he is brilliant - one of the best - top bloke etc, etc. Well I read not so long ago in one of the papers (rare it has to be said) when a number of racing insiders pointed out that he is mostly image not substance. Top working class geezer - who drives an Aston Martin. So do I think Relentless took on Guy Martin for his talent or the fact that he's probably the most high profile racer currently around in the UK - with the attendant media coverage? I'd say it is all about pictures on paper.

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Kescheng

This isn't media bollocks; you are talking a load of nonsense. Guy has the ability to win and is a top class racer. He has come so close so many times and will succeed; that makes him brilliant. So what if he drives an Aston Martin; he has earn't it; like many people that drive expensive cars. Good luck to Guy; he like all racers (especially TT Racers) are top people.

You sound bitter because your not a racer or probably a success at anything.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices