Skip to content

Discuss This 2011 Honda Crossrunner official pictures New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 2011 Honda Crossrunner official pictures

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Dan Aspel  says:

2011 Honda Crossrunner official pictures

Here are the first pics of Honda’s new adventure / road bike hybrid, the Crossrunner. Based on the VFR800 engine, it will make 100bhp and 59ftlb of torque.  Read the full story in the next issue of MCN, on sale 3 November.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (02 November 2010 09:46)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Funny isn't it?

When Yamaha made the TDM way back in 1991, it got a universal panning. 20 years later and even the big H are doing it

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

HONDA PARTS BIN RECYCLING SCANDAL.......READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!

Well,i knew the recession was hitting even the mighty HONDA hard but scratting around the back of the warehouse and parts bins looking for all those old VFR800'S they couldn't sell,then getting the design engineer students to think they're coming up with a new MODEL called the CROSSTOURER and sell it too the unsuspecting public,well,Honda,what have you become?:blink:

Suely things aren't that bad,i mean this is a VFR800,with a new set of clothes,lick of paint and a few other new bits & bobs thrown in!

They got one thing right though.......Honda have shown the responsible side of mass industry by RECYCLING instead of throwing away.

I bet the price will be recycled and then some!? :mad:5/10

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
rob52

Nov 10

rob52 says:

Nearly There

I don't think this is as bad most people are making out , only wish Honda would keep things a tad more simple . If they had built this with the non V tech motor , ditched the CBS and ABS the bike would come in a lot cheaper , a lot lighter and a lot less cheaper to run . Perhaps I'm a touch simple though .......

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Wonder what else is the same...

Some of the good things on the VFR1200 were the 8000 mile service intervals and the shaft drive. However it was still too much for me and I hated the idea of the peanut sized fuel tank so I looked briefly at the VFR800. I really liked the idea of the VFR800 but the chain drive, high service costs and small servcie intervals put me off. Have Honda kept these but reduced the size of the fuel tank and made it ugly?

Reply to this Topic
rumbler

Apr 03

rumbler says:

It looks like a scooter. Does it have an electric motor? What advantage does it have over a simple half faired bike? None. Honda are losing the plot. And it's too expensive- but then so is everything - especially the VFR1200- (grumpy old man moment there)

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

O Rly?

I didn't realise they had released any prices Rumbler, is there a guess in this weeks MCN? (I haven't read it yet) how much are they saying it will be?

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

They say 10 grand - scary part is that Kevin Ash says it won't be in showrooms until the Autumn. That'll kill the bike stone dead.

Reply to this Topic
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

ugly bike

What is THAT?Over priced,ugly&who is it aimed at?

Reply to this Topic
nics8413675

Feb 09

nics8413675 says:

Crossrunner

At least the V4 motor is going to live on, bound to be good with that pedigree looks like a multistrada which will last the course. Well done Honda ;)

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Another dud from Honda!

Maybe its just me, but can anyone point to any part of this bike that looks like an 'adventure' bike? Where is the bash plate/ upswept exhaust/ knobbly tyres etc? Its just another dud like the DN01, (still don't know what it is!) VFR1200 and the new highly forgetable 750 cruiser thing. And if they can fit a 21 litre tank in this bike, why only 18 in the VFR1200 ?  Is Honda trying to get out of the bike market? The only decent bike they make is the Fireblade! And don't forget the wobbly Pan! The police didn't get rid of them for nothing.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices