Skip to content

Discuss This 2011 Honda CBR600F - it's back! New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 2011 Honda CBR600F - it's back!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Dan Aspel  says:

2011 Honda CBR600F - it's back!

Honda’s much loved CBR600F all-rounder is back for 2011. 2011 Honda CBR600F - full tech specs 2011 Honda CBR600F gallery Dropped from the range in 2006, the new bike uses the current Hornet’s engine and chassis and boasts an entirely new look courtesy of Honda’s Italian design house. Find a Honda CBR600F for sale Read the full story in the next issue of MCN,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (02 November 2010 09:54)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

King of 600's

Great to see it back.  Forget about your R6's, zx6's & 600rr's, these are a great bike, particularly the 1997 - 1998 model cbr600f.

To be honest i think the worst  cbr's in my opinion was the "FX" model 1999. Didnt like it, the FX was flexible, so i thought anyway when pushing on, but still a great bike, but still felt flexy when pushed v hard.

I aint too mad on the desigs that are coming out of Italy, i hope they are listening, i aint he only one saying this.

But all in all, the 2011 new bikes aint a bad effort at all.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
taz_of_tazmania

Nov 02

It looks... ok...

Conservative styling, but I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing; It never seemed to affect the popularity of the old bikes. That seat better be comfortable with plenty of space under it or it's just another impractical sports 600.

Reply to this Topic
KJNASH2001JESS

Jan 05

LEGEND RETURNS :-)

oooooooooooooo   i le, i like alot , i loved my old 600f , did everything u needed and then some,  pics look fantastic , and for once a decent looking factory exhaust , instead of a bolted on chimmney ,   only thing that needs to be tested is the pillion seat , does nt look to comfy or spacious in pictures ,  hope this bad boy is at the nec,  maybe , just maybe i will trade in the zzr14 and downsize to a funky , slim and sexy 600 again ,

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

ABOUT BLOODY TIME!

Nice to see what was one of the best bikes of the last 20 years making a comeback!

Reply to this Topic
MrToadx

Sep 09

MrToadx says:

Hooray!!

About time indeed!!!  I've just been looking at low mileage old CBR600FW's (which I once had before an old lady left her handbrake off and her car rolled down a hill and killed it!) as I want a sporty but comfortable machine that is relevant for today's rutted and congested roads.  There just isn't anything out there like this anymore.  PLEASE Honda, just don't price this out of the market!!!

Reply to this Topic
coliwobble

Jan 05

coliwobble says:

At Last!

Looks comfortable. Only 7 BHP down on the current CBR600RR ( according to this website ). If it doesn't weigh much more and has a range of 150+ miles it'll be brilliant!

Reply to this Topic
coxyjm

May 10

coxyjm says:

looks familiar

Looks good, honda have made an effort on the design...... but

i used to own an 08 hornet (the current shape), and it looks as if they have nicked the exhaust, front forks and brake calipers and Discs off it as well, which could do with imprvements, other than that, the bike should handle well.

Recommendations; change the stock front springs, Discs, and stock brake pads 

Reply to this Topic
tonymac36

Sep 10

tonymac36 says:

Back???

As i look in my garage, i can tell you the CBRF never went away!

I love my 2002 version ... i've had it on a track day, taken part in the Boundary 500 twice (500 miles in one day), and use it virtually all year round!

I t does struggle with another bloke on the back mind, but it's not too bad with the missus perched on there!

I've recently added a blue flame exhaust to mine and now it sounds like a proper bike should!

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

For me i would rather have this over the current crop of 600's. Well done Honda you look to have got one right for once! Can barely believe that honda would listen to what people want for once. I am seriously liking the look of this and I cannot wait to read the test results and get a look up close at one of these. Now listen here Honda dont be stupid like yamaha and shoot yourselves in the foot by over priceing it!

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Waheh...

At last. A quality all-rounder of modest size. I regularly see all vintages of CBR-600Fs on the road and even the 10 year old plus examples have to be looked at twice to see how old they are. They all look good and the second hand ones have kept their value well. Hope the fuel tank is big enough, the head light (particularly on dip) bright enough and the riding position (and seat) comfy enough to justify the general purpose tag.  But why the horrible number plate hanger? It looks like Honda employed the same designer that did the hanger for the Yamaha YZF-R125 ....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices