Skip to content

Discuss This 2011 Honda CBR600F - it's back! New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 2011 Honda CBR600F - it's back!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Dan Aspel  says:

2011 Honda CBR600F - it's back!

Honda’s much loved CBR600F all-rounder is back for 2011. 2011 Honda CBR600F - full tech specs 2011 Honda CBR600F gallery Dropped from the range in 2006, the new bike uses the current Hornet’s engine and chassis and boasts an entirely new look courtesy of Honda’s Italian design house. Find a Honda CBR600F for sale Read the full story in the next issue of MCN,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (02 November 2010 09:54)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Dabulamanzi...

Well your clearly new here..... Allow me to explain, if its a Ducati or Triumph its good, regardless of cost, reliability or actual performance. If its Jap, especially Honda, its crap, you don't have to see it, ride it and even better if you don't know the specs you can just make them up! I agree on your point about the Hornet (which was originally a naked CBR600F) being a great bike, basing this on the hornet is a good thing in my opinion, its a great bike with a great engine and chassis which is all they are carrying over, they keep their development costs down which can be passed onto us as a cheaper bike... Hopefully.

Reply to this Topic
dazzling

Sep 07

dazzling says:

its all about choice

like i said earlier, the rr and all other sports bikes for sale are way to race inspired for the road, and theres no alternative other than a naked / half faired street bike,until now at last there is, but who cares if it shares the same anything as an hornet, for gods sake the 1000rr has the same motor as the cbf1000, both good bikes in their own way, but it makes my blood boil when you get blinkered opinions from others, if you dont ike dont buy it, buy what you want its a very easy choice, move on and enjoy life and have fun....

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Dabulamanzi...

I don't need to ride one to see that the provisions for a passenger are absolutely crap.   Got to admit, you've got some nerve coming in swinging like that with your first ever post.

Reply to this Topic
Flipout360

Jun 06

Flipout360 says:

SlowLearner...

It may be his first post but he's got a fair amount spot on. Looking at the pictures, this bike is simply the current Hornet in new bodywork and having just done 4500 miles around Europe and Eastern Europe on a Hornet with my girlfriend on the back, I can tell you that the passenger provisions are perfectly adequate (although would it really have been that hard to put a proper grab rail on?!). At the end of the day a Hornet is faster that most 600 race reps on the road (let alone more comfortable) and on the track they do a very good job of keeping up with dedicated race machinery. People who turn their nose up at a "detuned" bike are very rarely good enough riders to access all of the performance of even a 600, let alone a 1000, and do so out of pure snobbery.

Reply to this Topic
svdv

Sep 10

svdv says:

It'll be interesting to see the full spec when it comes out. This bike doesn't really have to beat anything that's currently in production, what it really has to beat is the old 2003-2006 CBR600F. Having said that, stick a tail tidy and a rear hugger on it and it should be a very nice bike if the price is right (ie under £6500 for the non-ABS model).

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Grab Rail debauchery!

The new hornet seems to be lacking in the grab rail department too, Thats a bit cheap. Still looking forward to riding it.

Reply to this Topic
Meaty79

Nov 09

Meaty79 says:

This

may be a very good bike we don't know it is nice to see a sports bike you can use everyday like the old cbrf (i have a very old one) but everyone is assuming that by using engine and body of a Hornet that Honda will keep the price down but unfortunately having recently looking around my local Honda dealer they seem to be charging more and more for the same old things so a new bike is likely to be even more still (or is that just my local dealer)

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Flipout360:

Sure, but you can get a good idea by looking at pictures.  It's not as if we couldn't possibly have the faintest idea from the info we've got, and we must all be silly buggers for daring to voice an opinion.

It's a fair enough point to say that the bike simply doesn't look as good as earlier versions, that the seat is terrible, that the back end is ludicrously high and so on, or that the fairing looks like a cheap knock-off.

I care if my old lady couldn't ride on the back for very long, and it might be all very well for Dabulamanzi to say he couldn't give a rats arse about that, but hey - I'm writing about my own concerns here.  Dabu hadn't even written a single post at that point, so I didn't know I needed his permission!

Anyway, I'd wager that the ability of a bike which _isn't_ an all-out racer to carry a passenger is pretty damned important to a number of us here.  That's why I'm disappointed in this CBR600F - it's not as useful as the old one, and doesn't look as nice either.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

This is not a CBR - sorry

Suzuki doesn't put a fairing on the Banit and call it a GSX-R nor does Ducati put a fairing on the Monster and call it a 848 or 1198 superbike. So how can it be acceptable for Honda to put a fairing on the Hornet and call it a CBR?

I don't care how good a Hornet is - this isn't about the Hornet.

It's about Honda putting a fairing on a Hornet and passing it off as a CBR 600. Would they put a Supra body on a Civic or Accord chassis and call it a Supra? Hell no. It would be a Civic or Accord with body work. And that's exactly what this is - a Hornet with a fairing. And as a consumer and a Honda guy who had a 600F and currently a CBR Blade, I'm insulted that they would try to pass off a Hornet as a CBR. Call it a Hornet R and whatever but it isn't a CBR.

Reply to this Topic
sam_h

Jul 08

sam_h says:

Umm no its not

What are they doing? didnt suzuki just bring that bike out? i carnt stant the new style of these's bikes. Y would u wanna own a honet in plastic coat?  deffo not a cbr-f insult to the cbr family

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices