Skip to content

Discuss This Italian Moto3 bike breaks cover MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Italian Moto3 bike breaks cover

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Italian Moto3 bike breaks cover

This the new Ioda Racing project, the first bike being prepped for the new Moto3 four-stroke series in 2012 to break cover in public in Estoril last weekend. The prototype TR 001 features a 250cc single-cylinder TM Racing engine with a current power of 40bhp. The bike will be tested throughout 2011 and has been given permission to compete in next season’s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (03 November 2010 09:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jamesg75

Dec 05

jamesg75 says:

here come the thumpers

Looks great and it will be interesting to see it against the 125s next year.

Reply to this Topic
marchwitty

Sep 10

marchwitty says:

Definitely interesting, as Iamesg said it will be interesting to see it in the Italian 125cc series, the results will be interesting.

Reply to this Topic
PhilCBR6

Jan 08

PhilCBR6 says:

Ryan Farquhar races these

We currently have a situation in Irish road racing where moto450 bikes (single-cylinder motocrossers turned into roadbikes) race against the 125GP bikes.Ryan Farquhar was the first to try it out and found that he has more torque to get out of corners, but runs out of top speed due to the low revs.

I would guess Ryan's stock 450 single puts out about the same as these tuned 250 singles, so I guess we can look to the irish racing scene  to see that they will be well competitive!!

Phil

Reply to this Topic
adrenalin

Jun 09

adrenalin says:

Why is always the italians and Spanish whotake the lead with new classes?

In the UK we have a huge aftermarket frame/tuning industry and a long history of Supermono racing, so why can't Harris/FTR/SimOto ect get this going here and the ACU have some vison to allow 250 4 strokes into 125GP classes for 2011?

Likewise Moto2, why haven't we got a national Moto2 series going here yet instead of the legions of superstock/supersport classes at every club?

Reply to this Topic
mickofield

Sep 09

mickofield says:

Little bikes, big prices?

Let's hope the class does not get totally out of hand with regards to the cost of engines. It is ironic that the only prototype classes now are the smallest and the biggest in the GP series. It is like it used to be, 125 being 1/4 of the 500s, now 250s will be 1/4 of the new 1000s. If Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki and Ducati start to use this class to develop "slave" engines and technology for the MotoGP 1000s, watch out for spiraling costs. Hopefully the more adventurous and flexible small European companies can keep the giants at bay!

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

Wow

My 4 year old daughters bike is bigger than that,what munchkin is gonna ride it? looks the bollocks though.

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

Wow

My 4 year old daughters bike is bigger than that,what munchkin is gonna ride it? looks the bollocks though.

Reply to this Topic
ricardosanchez

Feb 10

What happened???

Did someone put the old Cagiva C594 GP Bike on a boil wash or something???

And that was hardly a bike of Goldwing proportions either!!!

As a side issue - I wish someone could tell me why on earth they got rid of the two strokes in the first place - replacing them with these 'Playstation Generation' nonsense machines comprising of 4 stroke lumps costing mega-bucks to develop and run held together by electronic gizmos that take the talent, fun and excitement out of a once great sport...

I fear sad (and dull) days lay ahead for the three 4 stroke GP classes...

Reply to this Topic
nickred

Jul 10

nickred says:

Development

I would think that there would only be so much money you could throw at a single cylinder 4 stroke, the moto gp bikes rev to unbelivable levels, but you could not do this with a single, even with the use of exotic materials (supersport 600s have about 2 grands worth of titanium on them) they would still go pop if you go so far and being a single the engine is much less complicated than say an inline 4, this in my opinion would be the limiting factor and will allow the use of multi manufacurer engines, and not go down the moto 2 honda cup route, I for 1 would like to see clever engineering as the being the key to a competitive bike and not who has the largest budget. As for the electronics route with 50 not 240hp I feel traction control would have an adverse effect.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Cagiva mito cup ?

Lets hope they have many manufacturers taking part,And make the costs sensible there is no need for expensive electronics and nicred are you serious traction control have an adverse effect ?understatement i think as It would mean a chimp could keep one pinned!,Lets have these bike as they should be the rider making the difference not the budget and a box of tricks

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices