Skip to content

Discuss This Scott Redding: ‘I made more moves than Michael Jackson’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Scott Redding: ‘I made more moves than Michael Jackson’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Scott Redding: ‘I made more moves than Michael Jackson’

Scott Redding had boasted prior to an epic Estoril Moto2 race last weekend that he would need to pull off more moves than Michael Jackson having qualified in a dismal 25th. So it was perhaps fitting that he produced a thriller performance after the rising British star finished just 0.012s off the podium. The 17-year-old started the last lap in eighth but...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (03 November 2010 10:02)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
marchwitty

Sep 10

marchwitty says:

Scott ...

It was the best race of the season, absolutely brilliant riding from you.  The grid wasn't a true representation of where some of the riders usually are, but you came through in brilliant style to get 4th.  This series can only get better and more exciting next season.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Not sure about the analogy

But Redding rode like a demon. Here's hoping he continues to build momentum in the manner he has to date in his career.

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

C'mon Scotty!

Great analogy in my view, the boy seems to have charisma off the bike and sheer speed, class and agression on it! what a package! The bit that i like and find promising is;

"I think I had more contact in those last few laps than I’ve had in my whole career. It was one of the best races I’ve been in and it got a bit close at times"

He likes contact and hard racing...... He will mix it up and upset some people in Motogp when he makes the move and i cant wait!!

Reply to this Topic
wak1309

Jun 10

wak1309 says:

Great MotoGP prospect

I agree Minty Fresh!

Great racing and the big boys don't all like a bit of fairing bashing (or proper racing as it used to be known!!). As long as it's safe, it's a great spectacle and treat for us fans?!

Really great race Scott. Already can't wait for next year. Keep it going son!!!

Reply to this Topic
Cubikrube

Mar 07

Cubikrube says:

Awesome

I've got 20 years on the boy but after that performance he is my hero lol.

Seriously though, this lad is the future and our best prospect of a GP champ, give him a half decent bike and he'll be at it. I like Bradders but imo Scott has more natural talent.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

did

anyone see the bit where he came off in practice and slid along the wet grass on his front with his arms and legs stretched out.... straight for the camera, looking for a 10 for style? Brilliant. Even his pit crew were seen laughing when they cut to them.

Reply to this Topic
tbuk7

Sep 10

tbuk7 says:

BEST BRITISH RIDER ?

After seeing  his overtaking at the weekend I really think he could be  one of the best if not best british  riders ever.I was at silverstone this year on pits straight and when he went past  their was  the  few go on scott  shouts.I think by next year his following will be much more.I see the personality of Sheene and the riding aggression of Fogarty.I really miss the days watching Foggy and Keith Huewen shouting Foggy when he done an overtake.Hope were cheering Scottie for a long time to come.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Interesting that someone should mention Bradders

Everyone likes Bradders, and I think thats why he hasn't reached his full potential, he's too affable. Then you look at young Mr Redding, total opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of mixing it up with the opposition. I know Bradders has landed a good ride in moto2, but I honestly struggle to see him doing well. And I just don't see him in motogp at all. Which is a bloody shame. But Scott Redding on the other hand could go all the way. Seriously.

Reply to this Topic
Popski

Feb 09

Popski says:

Redding is the most exciting British rider since the late Craig Jones (RIP).

Reply to this Topic
TheFan

Sep 09

TheFan says:

redding

i remember being at donnington motogp 2008 and cheering on bradly smith with the whole crowd and everyone totaly being totaly oblivious to scott redding fighting his way down to the front. then hearing someone say look scot redding is in second! this un known young lad storming from no were the crowd went mental!! made the hair stand on my neck

i'm praying he keeps getting better as he's looking a better prospect than bradders. it's hard to remember that he's only 17!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices