Skip to content

Discuss This Near theft experience in Greenwich General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Near theft experience in Greenwich

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

Near theft experience in Greenwich

I parked my new Honda CBR600RR just opposite the Gypsy Moth pub next to the Cutty Sark in Greenwich to meet friends for a meal and a drink on Saturday 30 October. After a stroll in the market we headed towards the Gypsy Moth. I looked towards my pride and joy and saw two thugs standing next to my bike, they wore primark gear and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (03 November 2010 13:48)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
robbyban

Mar 09

robbyban says:

scooter

Hang on a minute... you let these two donuts get away on a scooter and you had a CBR600RR. I would have jumped on that bike and blown pass them at 110+ with my foot aiming at there head... Anyway thanks for the heads up... I live just off of catford and have an R1 08. I leave mine at work with a 24 hour security guarded car park... shame i can't keep it out side my house but the guy next door to me went away and they cut into his alarmed garage then he had his merc softtop infront of the bike and they dragged the bike over the top of the car... causing about £40,000 worth of damage and to top it off they took the ducati 1198S

Reply to this Topic
oli333

Nov 10

oli333 says:

zx6

my 2 1/2 week old zx6 was taken in Soho in October by 2 guys on a scooter. One big and one smaller guy. Exact same setup. Smaller one sat on the scooter while the big one broke the steering lock. They got out by pushing the bike away with the scooter. (this was from a manned indoor NCP. Guard couldn't stop them). It was probably the same idiots. You are lucky you still have your bike!

Reply to this Topic
mcned

Jun 10

mcned says:

Cameras

Were there not any cameras that could be used to identify them?

Remember that when you dial 999 you are not speaking to a police officer, just a call handler trained to ensure that they put through only real emergencies. It is worth calling there bluff by stating you will take direct action unless they send someone over right away. Get shirty with them, it is the only way.

Reply to this Topic
mcned

Jun 10

mcned says:

Cameras

Were there not any cameras that could be used to identify them?

Remember that when you dial 999 you are not speaking to a police officer, just a call handler trained to ensure that they put through only real emergencies. It is worth calling there bluff by stating you will take direct action unless they send someone over right away. Get shirty with them, it is the only way.

Reply to this Topic
PorcoRosso

Feb 11

PorcoRosso says:

I had my busa stolen in Greenwich in August 2010 from next to my house,  by what appears to be the same gang. Helmets -scooter etc. They seem to "work" in the greenwich area. I didnt see the theft happening, but a neighbour saw them, but didnt realise they were stealing the bike - it was hidden from view by a wall.

Unbelievably they tried to nick my new bike, last week. Two guys, helmets, scooter. Luckily they didnt realise the bike was alarmed and the noise alerted several people. The theives were pushing the bike and they dropped it an ran off. It had an Oxford disk lock on the front wheel, which they seem to have smashed or wrenched off.

They seem to work like this, they "case out" the theft some days before, they seem to have a white van, which they use for the  job.  We gathered this, because the same van appeared in our road on both occasions, late at night. Its a traffic free road, so its noticable.

I wish the police would do something about this....but currently they are saying they are too busy. Hmm....

Reply to this Topic
Bmw_Mick

May 05

Bmw_Mick says:

Personally I STILL don['t get why anyone is amazed that the police aren't interested in bike theft, attempted theft or vandalism.  They aren't going to come out to see if there is any evidence, they aren't bothered in you have any - including pictures and they aren't even bothered if the scum are carrying weapons either.  

BUT, if you happen to be doing 35 in a 30 zone, they'll behave as if you were Jack The Ripper or worse.  I have no faith or confidence in the police or their hypocritical standards of behavior.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices