Skip to content

General STOP SMOKING.. General

You are in... Forums > General > General > STOP SMOKING..

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

NORTHERNHELLBOY

Feb 10

STOP SMOKING..

Not bike related, but your advise would be helpful:

Deadly serious this:.....so I need your advise.

I'm trying to stop smoking : I use to be quite fit and heathy, but I feel fucked now.  Started smoking in my teens all the way up to about 22, then stopped. THEN, started again about 5 years ago??

Tried the patches, the stick things...gum..

I'm ok at home, sneak about 4 a day, BUT at work...I'm stessed to fuck, busy and go through over 20 per day.

So, who's stopped on here?...

I want to to stop, can't honestly afford the habbit, Plus my old man died of cancer when I was a kid...but even with that to remember...I still fail when work comes around. (everyone else smokes at work, plus stressed to fuck doing 60hrs + over 4 days!!)

I've got one solution:....find another job?...BUT???

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (04 November 2010 07:01)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pierro6

Feb 09

pierro6 says:

NHB

Well done mate - how longs that now?

Been on the robo-cig since I woke up on Thursday, aint had a single tab yet, that's near 3 days.  Highly recommend this thing, look here www.skycig.co.uk, bit pricey but then so are fags...............

Reply to this Topic
NORTHERNHELLBOY

Feb 10

skycig.?

thanks for that.  What do these skycigs taste like?

I don't think they're expensive, compared to buying the real thing.

I'm doing ok at the moment..a bit sleepless through the night (that's why I'm up at 0336hrs)...still crave a tab, but now find the smell is off putting.

The inhalers are great as a back up.....but I've lost 3 already...and sometimes, depending on the shift, I double dose with the patches.

I just find the easiest way is to break the link..ie, no smoking after meals...have a piece of fruit....no smoking 1st thing in the morning....eat breakfast...(have you noticed, it's all eating?)

ANYWAY...thanks to everyone....I know it's a bike forum, but it all helps.:smiley::smiley:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
donoldroy

Feb 11

donoldroy says:

Electronic Cigarette Smoke ?

Is electronic cigarettes are Good ? Humm.. I am ordered sample from http://www.juicycigs.co.uk

I think smoking when driving always risk right ?

Reply to this Topic
bazablue

Mar 10

bazablue says:

smoking

I was at work....then I came round in hospital.....stopped breathing,,doctor said...Do you smoke?  Yes..I said...Well yuou dont now he said your a very lucky man,,..10 a day then.......fear stopped me I never touched another after that and now I see people smoke and think..."I cant believe I used to do that!!!:lol:

Reply to this Topic
ergf

Feb 09

ergf says:

top tip

try chewing gum or mints everytime you fancy one, really worked for me when i stopped a few years ago.
The other thing that helped me was that I realised I wasnt giving anything up i was stopping doing something i didnt want to do anymore

Reply to this Topic
safercigs

Apr 11

safercigs says:

safercigs electronic cigarettes

i run a webshop called www.safercigs.co.uk which sells electronic cigarettes and has a massive sucess rate in either reducing or stopping tobacco smoking.

Benefits of Electronic Cigarettes:

Electronic smoking is quickly rising in popularity and may change the way people smoke forever. Are you wondering if this is something that would benefit you or a loved one? Let's examine some of the many benefits of the electronic cigarette as a sensible and healthier alternative to "real" smoking.

E-cigarettes - Healthier alternative?

1. Health. The most dangerous aspect of smoking is the actual smoke and the associated tar and thousands of chemicals that are inhaled into the lungs. With an e-cigarette nothing is actually lit, so there is no smoke, tar nor the thousands of chemicals found in tobacco cigarettes. The nicotine is vaporized into a mist that looks and feels like smoke, but isn't smoke. This is clearly a much healthier alternative. 

2. Cost. The cost of the nicotine cartridges is where you really save a lot of money. An electronic cigarette nicotine cartridge is about the equivalent of 1 - 1.5 packs of tobacco cigarettes. A package of 5 cartridges will cost you around £6.00p. This comes out to be the equivalent of about £1.10p per pack... this is a huge savings! 20 B&H £6.80p av

3. Convenience. You can "smoke" an No Smoking cigarette anywhere because there is no smoke being emitted. You may get some funny looks if you suddenly start "vaping" in a restaurant or bar so you may want to get permission from management first. But technically you can do this in any public area because there is no second-hand smoke to be concerned with.

4. Smell. There is no lingering odour so no more worrying about stinky breath, hair, clothes, hands, etc. No second hand smoke You won't be offending anyone with second hand smoke and no one can complain about the smell.

5. Eliminate stinky ashtrays! Besides the fact that clothes, hair, breath, etc. are nasty by-products of smoking cigarettes, there's the ashtrays that fill up and have to be emptied. Ashtrays are just plain gross. You will not need any more ashtrays with electronic cigarettes. Say goodbye to them forever! Peace of Mind when you Stop Smoking cigarettes

6. Peace of mind. You will have the peace of mind knowing that you're choosing a healthier alternative. True, you're still absorbing nicotine but at least you're avoiding the  incredibly dangerous smoke and 4,000 toxic chemicals associated with tobacco cigarettes.

A lot of people wonder if electronic smoking can help a person quit smoking altogether. There have not been enough clinical studies to prove this one way or another so this is still a debatable subject. However, other nicotine delivery alternatives like gum, patches, etc., are commonly used as a part of many stop-smoking approaches. Common sense would suggest that the electronic cigarette has the potential to do the same

visit www.safercigs.co.uk for more information and good luck

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices