Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Aprilia Tuono V4 unveiled New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Video: Aprilia Tuono V4 unveiled

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Aprilia Tuono V4 unveiled

Aprilia has revealed the finished Tuono V4 which is essentially a 162bhp version of the RSV4 superbike, without the fairing.  Find an Aprilia Tuono for sale The new bike will be on sale in the UK for £10,499 and will be available in April 2011. The Tuono V4 gets an all-new top fairing incorporating the trademark three Aprilia front lights. It...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (04 November 2010 08:41)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MotoVirolo

Jul 10

MotoVirolo says:

Very disappointing design. What's with this front fairing?

—–
http://www.motovirolo.com: France-based network for riders of sport bikes and naked bikes of character

Reply to this Topic
rmbridge

May 06

rmbridge says:

Oh dear....

What is going on with bike design these days!  What cant anyone make a decent looking bike?  I notice how in the video they never give you a good look of the new front fairing.  Have a look here:

www.aprilia.com/en-US/News/60445/101102_eicma_tuono.aspx

It looks like the front fairing has broken and slipped down!

Reply to this Topic
rmbridge

May 06

rmbridge says:

Also

I guarentee the bike press will rave about it, same as the new Speed Triple.  Faster by x seconds blah blah blah.  Journos seem to miss the point its the public who actually have to pay thousands and then open a garage door in the mornings to these monsters!

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Tuono.......my piles are killing me riding this

People amaze me.Every year manufacturers bring out a SO CALLED new model and people are like WOW,I'LL SELL A KIDNEY TO HAVE THATor NOT MUCH DIFFERENT TO SUCH AND SUCH.

Why the amazement?Because people can't see the forest for the trees,in other words they should have learned by now that bike manufacturers are sly,sensing that bike design is or has just about reached its zenith,they bring out models like this TUONO.The ideas drying up,its time to cash in and MILK the exsisting designs for all they can,giving the punters an actual stripped down RSV4 race bike. Rejigged fuelling,bit o' this,bit o' that and hey presto we'll call it a naked street bike,so much better than the rest,yes and we'll have a new model in our line up,the buying public will never know.

Come on!Iknow you try to extract and exploit a design as possible but there is a limlit.Ducati hsa done the same along with numerous other manufacturers.Instead of re-tooling and redesigning(as this wouldn't be feasible,especailly now-a-days)they re-hash,strip down a race rep,a bit of this,bit of that.......ta da new bike!

AT least change the riding position,footpegs,seat(especalliy)as the TUONO looks as if it'll break your back ridden anywhere other than the local highstreet.

Nice bike but looks TOO much the stripped RACE REP TOO BE STREET WISE!!SORRY!!!:mad:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
pawpaw

Jul 09

pawpaw says:

Nice bike....

Looks extreme and unforgiving - lots of fun then!

However, I take delivery of a 2009 Tuono 1000R next week and am happy with that choice, ta.

Reply to this Topic
rmbridge

May 06

rmbridge says:

Shame

The Tuono always looked like a crashed RSV.  They could've done so much more with this.

Reply to this Topic
Trumpton3

Feb 08

Trumpton3 says:

Pointless

Is this the same old problem as with the last Tuono, all top end and just a de fairinged attempt at being a naked bike ?

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

I think sometimes less is more. Here for a naked bike it has too much fairing, and the front headlights just don't look good. The rest of the bike looks great.

Reply to this Topic
davemolly

May 05

davemolly says:

I want one now!!

I test rode an RSV4 Factory recently and it was absolutely incredible. I would love one, but I find myself constantly at silly speeds on my current RSV and so am thinking of getting a naked. This gives me the best of both worlds. Maybe it is just an RSV4 with a bit of fairing changed, but that is exactly what I want. Better looking than the new Speed Triple too :)

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

come on folks, this is gorgeous!  why can't the japanese make bikes like this, rather than the lukewarm and under specc'd stuff we are fed?  this a naked bike in it's most true definition .... fabulous!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices