Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Aprilia Tuono V4 unveiled New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Video: Aprilia Tuono V4 unveiled

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Aprilia Tuono V4 unveiled

Aprilia has revealed the finished Tuono V4 which is essentially a 162bhp version of the RSV4 superbike, without the fairing.  Find an Aprilia Tuono for sale The new bike will be on sale in the UK for £10,499 and will be available in April 2011. The Tuono V4 gets an all-new top fairing incorporating the trademark three Aprilia front lights. It...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (04 November 2010 08:41)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Who could ever get the best out of this bike on the road. You'll be lucky to hang on to 120mph for more than a few seconds. I would rather go for the fully faired RSV as it makes much more sense but even that wont get exploited on the roads. I'm beginning to get bored of the performance figures for bikes like this as it's all a total load of b*llocks. I'm not even keen on the looks. That headlight cowl/top fairing without a screen looks sh*t.

Reply to this Topic
jonahal32

Apr 03

jonahal32 says:

looks nice, but i,l sick to my speed triple thanks, as has been said whats the use of a naked bike having 160bhp + when you struggle to hold on at anything over 120mph for any length of time, street nakeds are all about low down acceleration, grunt, and handling, i get all of that from my speed3 ta very much.

Reply to this Topic
Lightning Boy

Mar 07

:)

"whats the use of a naked bike having 160bhp" - its fun. Perhaps you hadn't noticed, but other than sliding your knees on the tarmac, twisting the throttle is the other big fun factor on a bike. FUN. EXCITEMENT!! The sheer joy of twisting the grip on 160bhp. Not practical, not sensible, but good old fashioned grin inducing fun.

Reply to this Topic
slimshany

Jul 09

slimshany says:

i want one two!!

i will be having a go on one as soon as,and if the ride lives upto the specs/looks ect i will be getting rid of my zx10r with out a doubt!!! love it...it has the looks,the power,the sound,the single can,and best of all the comfort..aprilia you are going to sell shed loads! and i thank you for having the balls the japs don't!!

Reply to this Topic
mrblistershifter

Jan 10

so nice...

The reason for having 160 hp on a naked bike is so you dont develop a back condition riding a race replica every day .   Wish the Japanese would put as much effort in to the naked sport bikes as the Europeans do.   Id love to have one of these.

Reply to this Topic
tman39a

Mar 08

tman39a says:

good times

this reminds me of the Mk1 Tuono i had which sold in thousands around the world....I sold it for a KTM after 2 years just for a change but i'l be watching out for this when they hit the shops....doubt if i'l buy a new one but it hits all the right spots for me.

those who doubt 160hp is of any use are nuts...its not all about top speed..overtaking on this will be hilarious in any gear...i've a B-king fully derestricted / tweaked and thats near 200hp making overtakes effortless without a gear change at almost any revs.....but it handles nothing like a Tuono due to the extra weight ( +70 kg ) and if the Tuono sounds like a mates RSV4 i'l be in heaven.........bring it on Aprilia.

Reply to this Topic
arthurbikemad

Aug 07

I like it, not the looks, the 160bhp!  If the ladies wan't to ride less then do so!  You can never have too much POWER!  :)

Reply to this Topic
grahamwhite81

Nov 08

Cosmetics

Ok im sure that it will perform better than the last couple of Tuono models, However i just dont like the way it looks. I prefer the twin pipes of the old one. It reminds me a little bit of the RS125 with its big glossy aluminium frame and swingarm. I do like the fact it has radial Brembos and minimal fairing like the older versions. My hard earned cash would go on a 2007 - 2009 Factory R version with twin pipes and low mileage if i had the choice.

Reply to this Topic
jonnyconcrete

Oct 05

MCN reviewer

cut them side burns
and some more footage of the seat warmer would have been nice

Bike looks great

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale