Skip to content

Discuss This Valencia MotoGP: Abraham 1st, Iannone 2nd MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valencia MotoGP: Abraham 1st, Iannone 2nd

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

James Keen  says:

Valencia MotoGP: Abraham 1st, Iannone 2nd

Cardion AB Motoracing rider Karel Abraham claimed his first ever GP win in the Moto2 clash at this weekend's Valencia MotoGP round.  Second place went to Fimmco Speed Up rider Andrea Iannone, leaving Julian Simon in third for the Mapfre Aspar team. Fourth went to Interwetten Moriwaki Moto2 rider Thomas Luthi, with Brit rider Scott Redding in fifth for Marc VDS Racing. 1...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (07 November 2010 12:26)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

A silver spoon there may be

in his mouth, but boy oh boy Abraham rode a great race today. Really aggressive - a prerequisite for this class - sticking his front wheel in and making gaps for himself. Once more all the other front runners made this race the best display of the day. Moto2 despite its feeble engines has been a resounding success from a racing perspective.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Excellent win

Good to see Abraham not only take the win but put up a great fight all through the race showing he deserves the ride.
Reckon the so called feeble engines have had a big part in making the championship so exciting!

Reply to this Topic
OxonJohn

Jun 09

OxonJohn says:

Another great race

I've thoroughly enjoyed Moto 2 this year, and todays race was another blinder. The Championship consistently produced fantastic racing, with 9 different winners from 17 races, and the gloss was only taken off by the terrible tragedy that befell Shoya #48. Iannone was a revelation, as was Scott Redding, and there were so many other amazing performances.

Next year will be another belter, with Bradley, the Espagarot brothers, Mark Marquez and Keenan the Turk joining the party. Should be amazing. Moto 2 overshadowed a boring Moto GP season, and I can't see it being any different in 2011. 

Reply to this Topic
maazzz1

Aug 10

maazzz1 says:

Edge of the seat stuff again. Not sure what Elias was thinking on the last lap, Iannone was a bit stiff and made a great recovery to get back second. Not sure about the Elias silver bike and suit thing either, a bit like seeing the motorbike racing version of John Trovolota in Saturday Night Fever.  

After all the pre season criticism and the doubters of the Moto2 single engine provider formula, hats off, it made for great racing all year and I think in the end they had 17 different people on the podium and maybe 11 different winners????? I think that was what was mentioned on TV today, in any case it was a great first year.

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

wooow

great race, good win by abraham, and reading was amazing again, elbow down:shock:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Chris14

Mar 09

Chris14 says:

Really enjoyable.

That, in my opinion, was a fantastic race, good action, with good passing, and go Abraham.

Yes, as mentoned below, he may be a rich kid, but he can ride, and he showed that today. I don't think he deserved to win, but he definitely deserved a podium, and hats off to him, all do respect. Iannone rode brilliantly, and so did Ellis untill the end, but that's racing.

Scott, flying the flag for the UK, and doing us proud it has to be said, lets hope Bradley can give him a helping hand in doing UK racing proud.

Role on 2011, I'll be watching with the greatest interest, lets hope it gets better and better. I think it will.

Cheers, Chris

Reply to this Topic
LadiesLove

Mar 09

LadiesLove says:

Abraham has always had some good speed but he LOVES to crash and makes lots of mistakes and be inconsistent even lap to lap so his results haven't been that great. 

Everyone needs luck with sponsors and a good ride, it just so happens that for him it's his dad.  If he was a 'spoilt brat with an attitude' I'd begrudge him but he is one of the nicest kids I've met in the GP paddocks and I know a few people who he's gone out the way to give time to... 

I really hope he gets on ok next year.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices