Skip to content

Discuss This Valencia MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo wins thrilling 2010 finale MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valencia MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo wins thrilling 2010 finale

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valencia MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo wins thrilling 2010 finale

Jorge Lorenzo ended his stunning 2010 campaign in style at Valencia today, the new MotoGP world champion claiming a victory that saw him set a new premier class point-scoring record. The Fiat Yamaha rode a majestic race after he nearly crashed following an early tangle with Marco Simoncelli after a sluggish start dropped him to fifth on the opening lap.  Lorenzo...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (07 November 2010 14:02)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tongy1

Nov 08

tongy1 says:

saintmo

i think ur quite funny saintmo

Really though, whats with all the lorenzo hating?

Reply to this Topic
Chris14

Mar 09

Chris14 says:

Good race

Was a good race to me, I enjoyed it, along with moto2 and 125.
As for Stoners' set up, eurosport were saying that alot of his set up and tire choice is done on very few practice and qualifying laps, where as Lorenzo and such like, do long stints in order to get maximun tweaking. But I may be talking bollocks so feel free to ignore me.

I won't enter the arguement about Lorenzo hating or Rossi, not much point.

Cheers, Chris

Reply to this Topic
tongy1

Nov 08

tongy1 says:

chris

most sensible comment ive read on hear tonight from chris14

Reply to this Topic
saintmo

Jun 05

saintmo says:

Objectivity

For the record, I'm a fan of Rossi, Lorenzo, Stoner and Pedrosa. Oh, and Spies. Probably a few others now I come to think of it.

I just think a few on here are lacking in the above.

Regards to all.

Reply to this Topic
cossie748

Dec 07

cossie748 says:

I can't stand lorenzo and I really hope rossi kicks his arse next year but I can't understand how anyone can say he's going to be a one hit wonder, it's clear to see what a talent he has on a bike aswell as the self belief and confidence that's needed to make the most of that talent, he will be a multiple moto gp champion one day. I think rossi has another two championships left in him, I also think that lorenzo is a faster rider as I've said on here before but rossi has the better overall package..... Jerry Burgess and the rest of the team, people who he's worked well with for years and chosen to keep around him will know exactly what to do to the ducati to make it suit his riding style so that not only will it be bloody quick in a straight line but will also handle well, he will attract so much sponsorship money that they will have no problem spending out on development and upgrades. Whilst the already competitive ducati will be progressing the yamaha of lorenzo will undoubtedly slow in it's development without burgess and co. Rossi's not stupid, he knows that going to ducati is the only way to get more championships and beat Agos win record, if he doesn't win next year he'll do it in 2012 and I can't wait to see him do it!

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Dont Feed The Troll

Not feeding the troll would be a good idea . Its not "mastermind" its the world motogp championship , intelligence has no bearing in the points system DONT FEED THE TROLL

Reply to this Topic
minezx9

Jan 06

minezx9 says:

Good he is but.......

Lorenzo was the best  motorcycle racer in the premier class this year. He really gelled with the bike and the electronics gubbins that abound on them. No argument from me there . Just a pity that 6 years before he jumped on the all conquering M1. All the hard work was already done for him by Rossi and JB in turning it into the championship winning machine it is today. And as much as i dislike Stoner. He was (in my opinion) "the man" by turning those bastard rider aids down and hanging  it out at Valencia. His power sliding out off the corners during qualifying was well impressive. It was like the 990's  were back in town. Happy days. It even got him pole. Poor tyre choice was his downfall at Valencia and denied him the win. As for Lorenzo? I cannot see him being the same seemingly unstoppable force ( he was this year) in 2011. Nor can i see him  (or any other for that matter) getting close to Rossi's incredible tally of 7 premier class wins. And speaking of Rossi. He has another challenge. To make history again by winning the MotoGP championship on a third make of motorcycle. And more importantly on an Italian bike. What greater incentive can any racer need? And i believe he can do it.  Because like him or loathe him, when the great man eventually hangs up his leathers. There will be a huge void left. And quite frankly, in my opinion, there is no one in MotoGP that even comes close to filling it.

Reply to this Topic
tongy1

Nov 08

tongy1 says:

Lorenzo is the best rider, its clear to see

Reply to this Topic
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

saintmo isn't joking, he actually writes that crap..

And sends it to the riders. Seriously. You should see the ones he sent to the Queen on her 70th. Outrageously funny and totally factual in every way. Corgi's, big ears and a fanny pack!!!! That 'Bens Pies' line had me on the floor (I wasn't laughing, I'd dropped the soap). Wasn't as good as 'Ben and Jerry's' if he'd teamed up with Burgess but a bloody good attempt by a professional letter writing MotoGP rider stalker...er, follower.

If its any concelation to the Spanish fans on here who are getting all excited our next attempt at failure is Cal Crutchlow who will probably be a consistent 10th place finisher because he isn't even to the standard Toesland was before he entered MotoGP. We Brits really are crap when it comes to the Premier class. We'll send Chris Walker next to prop-up last place!!! There's only the French worse!!!

Joking of course - I love De Puniet. He's awesome and ex-Kawasaki so even better. If you can ride a Kawasaki MotoGP bike onto the podium you can knit fog!!!

And remember that if you haven't offended somebody today you haven't been trying very hard.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Logically

Using the logic of Rossi gilding the lilly that is the M1 , should nt we also go back to the lilly's gilded for him? The Aprilia 125 and 250 ? the NSR500? or do we stop at 2004 . To give Rossi the credit for inventing the engine and tyre is ridiculous . To say the engineers at Yamaha just did whatRossi and JB told them is just as ridiculous .

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices