Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph Tiger 800 first ride - 'the ergonomics are spot on' First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Triumph Tiger 800 first ride - 'the ergonomics are spot on'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Triumph Tiger 800 first ride - 'the ergonomics are spot on'

Phil West is currently in Monserrat near Barcelona for the world press launch of the Triumph Tiger 800 and 800XC version. Video: Triumph Tiger 800 ridden This is what he has to say so far: "I’m riding the road 800 version today with a ride on the XC version tomorrow, we have so far ridden into the mountains south of Barcelona along a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (08 November 2010 10:40)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Can't wait to get a full review on the XC. Lookin' good so far...

Reply to this Topic
Foreigner

Nov 10

Foreigner says:

Saw this bike at the Milan show

It looks pretty good live, and the seat seemed comfy. Only thing that stops me from considering this bike is the seat height; I'm something of a short@rse and was on my tippy toes when I sat on it. Would still like to see the reviews on this one, I might start getting used to stopping on my toes if it lives up to its promise!

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

@Foreigner

Lucky you, seeing the bike in person already.

As for the seat, I think it's supposed to be adjustable. Are you sure it was set at the lowest setting when you sat on it?

Reply to this Topic
Foreigner

Nov 10

Foreigner says:

Speedo007

That's a good question, I'm not entirely sure! I measure 1.65m though, and all the Triumphs seemed a little tall for me, so I wouldn't be surprised if it really is too big.

There were too many people queueing to try it on for size so I didn't stick around long enough to find out.

Perhaps when I'm shopping around for my next ride, I'll have a good look at one at the dealer's :)

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

@Foreigner

Mate dont worry, i think Triumph may offer different seats when you order, when i bought my Tiger 1050 i could have the standard, low or high..

Reply to this Topic
stevecase

Aug 02

stevecase says:

I fancy giving it the first sitting on it test at the NEC. Your arse never lies!

I quite fancied the F800GS until I sat on it and found the tank digs in to my legs, after that forget it!

Reply to this Topic
v1nn1e

Jan 09

v1nn1e says:

Trouble is

if I got one of these as my commuter/tourer, I'd have to chop my StripleR in for a Daytona!! :)

Reply to this Topic
joe1964

Oct 10

joe1964 says:

TRIED & TESTED

Apparently Triumph had their test rider go around Europe for three weeks on a prototype and he was very pleased with the bike and the only problem he had was the side stand snapping. Well done Triumph, I think it's a great idea especially the fact that he went all the way to Istanbul and back in August (very hot), so the bike has already been tested in the real world.

Reply to this Topic
MudDoctor

Mar 10

MudDoctor says:

Paid

my deposit today on an XC.

I am not a short arse, so I don't have to worry about the seat height, but short riders needn't worry. I met a female motorcycle instructor who was riding a BMW R1200GS, and she was all of 5'4" in her boots. Now I know that that's not a Tiger, but Triumph do offer lowered seats. Whether they can lower the shocks in the head stock is another matter.

Reply to this Topic
baldeagle1956

Oct 08

seat height

Its got an adjustable seat but it could still be high for a shortie

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle