Skip to content

Discuss This 2011 KTM RC8R gets smoother and slicker New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 2011 KTM RC8R gets smoother and slicker

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

2011 KTM RC8R gets smoother and slicker

KTM is giving the RC8R its first significant update for 2011, with engine, suspension and cosmetic tweaks. The changes are intended to make the RC8R more competitive against revamped opposition such as the 1198S – making it a more attractive proposition to new buyers, rather than a must-have new model for owners of the old bike. The key change is a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (08 November 2010 16:55)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
InfiniteCharlie

Dec 02

Mmmmmmm!

We like the lumpy, rough edged power delivery! It's called character. A Tiger wouldn't be a Tiger if you took it's teeth away. Why not sort out the nuts n bolts on brake discs, rear sprocket,  fork legs, ends of brake hoses etc. Stainless steel or titanium would be nice! Mine are an embarassment. Come on KTM?

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Best looking sports bike ever made in my opinion. That black and orange version is just awesome.

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

Infinite Charlie

Quick solution for the corroding fasteners - paint them with a tyre pen. Takes minutes, reapply whenever necessary and lasts long enough that it can see you through a winter. And you can have many different colours.

Reply to this Topic
jono916

Apr 10

jono916 says:

im not sure

Im not really sure about the fairing on the front end, for me it doesn't look quite right. I looks like a big block around the front wheel and makes i look a bit old(that picture of the white one does it no favours), that being said thats my opinion and too be honest i wouldn't say no to one.

Reply to this Topic
yorkshiremonkey

Feb 09

I think the styling of this bike is superb. I love the angular lines on the body work. Makes it look stealthy. I agree with speedo007, that black and orange colour way is just plain awesome.

Reply to this Topic
asmell

Nov 10

asmell says:

Err, the RC8 has always had an eccentric rear ride height adjuster...

Reply to this Topic
flasharri

Mar 09

flasharri says:

Yes

Please, nice looking bike. Would be the only sports bike I'd be interested in.

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

teh lame

I hope it's more impressive performance wise as compared to the previous R model.  I test rode one at Fonatana during a track day and was very dissappointed with the top end.  I could barely pull 160mph down the front when most liter bikes that i've ridden at Fontan will pull 180 no problem.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Here is the news.......

Given that KTM have been foraging into the big bike market for only the last couple of years properly,i think they get a hard time up against the likes of the established bravado's.,Ducati,Yamaha,Bmw,etc.

The RC8R is an innovative design and i'm sure it can only get better.Lets just hope they don't spoil it along the way though ey!?

Now then,KTM,i've given you a good write up,where's my free bike for life.......

TUT,BLOODY TYPICAL,PRETENDING TOO BE DEAF.......LOL.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices